14-17 Corolla CVT Special Service Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son was scheduled to have his Corolla's CVT reprogrammed under the Special Service Campaign at the dealership yesterday. According to the dealer they were notified by Toyota on Friday they have suspended the service bulletin for now. I take that to mean the reprogram would have had little to no effect on whatever the issue is/was.

Could mean the reprogramming was causing other issues, too...I just had a key CVT component in my Subaru replaced, luckily under a warranty that had been extended a few months before I had the trouble. I poked around online and found that Subaru had changed the CVT design later in my same model year by adding a filter than cannot be retrofitted into older units.

Is your son having any issues with his CVT?

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Sounds like a great application for an inline Magnefine, Virtus.

I've got about 20kmiles more under the extended Subaru warranty, might be worth thinking about after that.
Guess Subaru thought about installing the filter in older CVTs and found there was no room to do it, though.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Could mean the reprogramming was causing other issues, too...I just had a key CVT component in my Subaru replaced, luckily under a warranty that had been extended a few months before I had the trouble. I poked around online and found that Subaru had changed the CVT design later in my same model year by adding a filter than cannot be retrofitted into older units.

Is your son having any issues with his CVT?

Fortunately he is not having any issues.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Sounds like a great application for an inline Magnefine, Virtus.

I've got about 20kmiles more under the extended Subaru warranty, might be worth thinking about after that.
Guess Subaru thought about installing the filter in older CVTs and found there was no room to do it, though.

Interesting - had not heard about the filter solution to any HTCVT problems. Do you have any resources for this, so I can read up and be informed should I start having issues, especially if it's just after the warranty expires!

I may have the HTCVT fluid in my FXT changed sooner than planned.

I just paid to have the CVT fluid changed in my Legacy and want to do the same with our FXT. The Legacy has half the miles of the FXT, but is less stressed and has more time until the warranty expires, should the fluid flush (it was an actual flush) cause issues.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Interesting - had not heard about the filter solution to any HTCVT problems. Do you have any resources for this, so I can read up and be informed should I start having issues, especially if it's just after the warranty expires!

I just paid to have the CVT fluid changed in my Legacy and want to do the same with our FXT. The Legacy has half the miles of the FXT, but is less stressed and has more time until the warranty expires, should the fluid flush (it was an actual flush) cause issues.

Hope this helps!
https://subaru.oemdtc.com/599/cvt-compon...subaru-forester

Hope this helps!

Darn, my VIN is about 20k too early!

Sorry for the hijack, OP!
32.gif

Hope this helps!

Darn, my VIN is about 20k too early!

Sorry for the hijack, OP!
32.gif

Well, you were talking about a CVT so no issues with me.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back