Fram Ultra XGA Air Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Was at Walmart and noticed the Fram Ultra air filters with part numbers starting with XGA. Has anyone seen them? Is it just a rename of the Tough Guard ones, or did they do changes to the media? Im guessing they just did a rename of them, but who knows.

I looked at some of them. It looks like just a rebranding of the TG air filters. Nothing wrong with that since they are good filters. For example, the new Ultra XGA4309 is identical to the Tough Guard TGA4309, both being the same yellow oiled media, both made in Mexico, same price before and after the rebranding.

However, Fram did eliminate some applications, though. For example, there is no XGA7351 (and the old TGA7351 had non-oiled media that was white in color)

Originally Posted By: malibuguy79
Wait they are oiled? I thought they were paper

They are *very* slightly-oiled paper media. NOT like K&N at all
smile.gif

I bought one for my Jeep. I have an email out to Fram Support and they're getting more details later this week, they're going to email me them.

I'll make a post with pictures when I get the details.

While I quit using Fram oil filters decades ago, I have no beef with their air filters. Been using their lowest price Frams from WM exclusively on all our vehicles with no problems.

2001 Jeep 240,000 miles
2001 Dodge Ram 5.9 268,000 miles
1999 Dodge ram 5.9 323,000 miles

None of the engines burn or leak oil. None of the engines have had any oil lubricated parts worked on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David2431
While I quit using Fram oil filters decades ago, I have no beef with their air filters. Been using their lowest price Frams from WM exclusively on all our vehicles with no problems.

2001 Jeep 240,000 miles
2001 Dodge Ram 5.9 268,000 miles
1999 Dodge ram 5.9 323,000 miles

None of the engines burn or leak oil. None of the engines have had any oil lubricated parts worked on.

I like fram air filter, good price and they fix perfect on my stock air box. one thing I like about its, i can just go walmart what ever time and buy one.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I like fram air filter, good price and they fix perfect on my stock air box.

If someone talks too much about how good they are, you'll probably have to stop buying them.
lol.gif

Yeah they are only there... Which is kind of annoying. Just like their Ultra oil filters are only there has well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back