Plain Red grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally my shop is 70-80 during the summer. A few days close to 100, but only a few. Some years none. That said, in the past I have used grease that leaked out the gun, as well as the tubes in the box, even in our cooler climate. To be clear, I agree your environment is more harsh as far as the storage temps. No doubt about it. That said, my equipment, even at the grease points, will far exceed your shop temp, while applying more force than the plunger on a grease gun. Hence, the comment about the better grease. Also, if you don't believe me, I'll send ya a tube or 2 at no charge, just to see if it handles the heat. Lastly, wanted to let ya know since it is at times hard to tell in print, I'm not try in to be a jerk here. Honestly wanting to give ya a fair comparison, so I do hope that's how this comes across

Originally Posted By: Jddan
Generally my shop is 70-80 during the summer.

That's our spring time temperatures! It would probably take you a couple of weeks to get acclimated to central California's summer weather. Everybody always says Arizona is hot, but they forget about the central valley in California. Right now it's 104 and it's supposed to hit 106 by 7:00 PM. This is one our cooler days.

Well, not that Loneryder has his quest well answered. I do not mind adding to the blovation. The red grease shown above may be a bleeder, I do not know; but the grease I think is most thought of as being a bleeder is Mobil One Synthetic. That red stuff would bleed in the deep freezer. Lucas Red 'n Tacky and Valvoline Crimson are red too, but none of those three I mention are exactly the same. It appears Ferris was referring to their own branded product which happens to be red.

prs

Originally Posted By: prs
Well, not that Loneryder has his quest well answered. I do not mind adding to the blovation. The red grease shown above may be a bleeder, I do not know; but the grease I think is most thought of as being a bleeder is Mobil One Synthetic. That red stuff would bleed in the deep freezer. Lucas Red 'n Tacky and Valvoline Crimson are red too, but none of those three I mention are exactly the same. It appears Ferris was referring to their own branded product which happens to be red.

prs

Yeah but the dealer put in a golden grease and called it plain red grease. Thus the reason for my questions. I don't want to put a black grease in it with the golden so what is a good "golden" grease??

Loneryder, I believe you are over thinking it. They used their manual to put a plug in for their overpriced lithium grease that happens to be red. Last person put in Amber colored grease. If not the consistency of concrete or water, they must have gotten along. So use some lithium grease until you feel the bearings have been adequately purged, then if you are going to switch to some other grease that's compatible, go for it. If they are specing a lithium grease, it's not a very demanding environment.

PumpPusher, spring for a couple tubes of trc- or likely the other refineries in that area as well- and watch the leaking problem disappear...

Originally Posted By: jrvn
Redline cv#2 Grease has Red Moly in it https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/RedLineCV2Grease.pdf

Red moly?
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
jrvn said:
Redline cv#2 Grease has Red Moly in it https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/RedLineCV2Grease.pdf

Red moly?
shocked2.gif
Red Line Synthetic CV-2 Grease is formulated to withstand
the extreme pressures and high temperatures found in racing and
other high-performance wheel bearings and CV joints. The red moly
compound and synthetic formulation give it a much higher load
carrying capacity than black moly disulfide greases
smile.gif

This is my favorite plain grease (it happens to be red), I have used it on every wheel bearing, U joint, spindle and bushing for the last 10 yrs and never had a failure. Its also very water resistant.

Originally Posted By: Trav
This is my favorite plain grease (it happens to be red), I have used it on every wheel bearing, U joint, spindle and bushing for the last 10 yrs and never had a failure. Its also very water resistant.

And also seems to drip more red liquid out of it than any other grease Ive used!

Amsoil Wheel bearing grease in the tub is red!

It's also excellent wheel bearing grease, proven every day in our old 3500 van at 9000 pounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back