Lucas Oil, is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
More doctors smoke Camels than any other brand.

Contact with used motor oil can cause cancer.

And everything causes cancer in California.

Originally Posted By: gryffinwings
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
More doctors smoke Camels than any other brand.

Contact with used motor oil can cause cancer.

And everything causes cancer in California.

Reading this thread just gave me cancer.
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Bob570
I'm having a very hard time finding information about Lucas Oil's various oils, specially the 20w50 synthetic.

The reason I ask is because a friend of mine uses Lucas Oil Synthetic 20w50 in his cammed/blown 5.3 LSX for his dune truck (I live close to Silver Lake dunes) His dad has a 1000+ HP twin turbo LS2 sand rail which I'm assuming also uses this oil. His family is huge into the whole Silver Lake "scene" (sorry, I hate that word but I'm not quite sure how else to put it). They pretty much know everyone who spends any significant amount of time there and all the shop owners that build the insane dune rigs that you see all over Silver Lake. And according to my buddy, everyone at Silver Lake uses this oil. He said they use it to keep the oil pressure up.

I honestly didn't know Lucas Oil even made anything other than that awful oil stabilizer additive, so my thought is that it's probably mediocre at best. I'm also thinking he should use an oil cooler to keep the temps down instead of letting them skyrocket and hoping that a thicker oil will keep the pressure up. I also cringe thinking about how much wear is happening with that thick oil in start up.

So what do you guys know about it? I have a hard time believing it would be any good with how hard it's been for me to find any info on BITOG about it.
No it is not.

I was given a case of lucas racing 20w50 synthetic some years ago, and it sits on the shelf.

voa? maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back