Nissan OME oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Nissan OME oil filters any good? I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder that I run Castrol Edge 5-30 will a dram ultra but was just wondering if anyone's had any input.

Nissan OEM? That's what I mostly use. Mine are the blue "Made in Japan" ones,part number 15208-55Y0A. Huge,heavy,and built like a tank.

I only use Nissan OEM filters. They're well-built and never cause and engine rattle. Can't say the same about other filters I've used in the past.

Used to like them - not anymore.

I dont like their last supplier

I run aftermarket filters in my nissan.

UD

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
More important is the air filter.
I have heard that some where before. But it is the truth.

Originally Posted By: jxthomps
Are Nissan OME oil filters any good? I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder that I run Castrol Edge 5-30 will a dram ultra but was just wondering if anyone's had any input.

So do you use the short Fram 6607 or the long 7317 in your Nissan? Many folks on here use the 7317, which I'm running for two 5K oil changes in the wife's M35. I used the Nissan OEM filters for the first 50K miles with no problems.

Yes, except the price can be kind of high for them. I need a new one very soon and will probably get a Fram from Walmart. About $12 in the store but noticed they have them online for $9 and change so I'll see about price match.

Same thing for the cabin filter, Fram this time around. Even with 15% coupons, an air and cabin filter are about $40 at the parts counter. I inspected the Fram and it seems just as nice as the oem. Plus the rubber gasket seems much better than the oem. The Fram seems much more pliable. Kind of like the Pur 1 air filter but that one is oiled and cost $20 at AA. Although a discount code an bring it down to $14 or so. But don't want an oiled filter.

^ boy that post became a little wordy.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back