Chrysler UltraDrive 62TE 6 speed auto fluid change

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Chrysler 200, 37K miles. I'd like to do a simple fluid exchange, drain and fill. It doesn't have a drain plug on trans pan. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to pump out (cooler line?) the pan to do a drop and add in a drain plug or get an aftermarket pan with one installed already?

Drop the pan and install a Dorman pan, 25$ at Rockauto, use a mopar filter.

I have 40TE in a cruiser. If you leave it on stands overnight, in a cruiser 5 of the 7 qts come out.

In any case with the drain plug you can then do drain and fills.

From what I read there is some sort of obstruction preventing a suction drain device. There apparently is some sort of procedure to do it correctly. It's not as simple as the old 41TE's. Google 62TE oil change. I just had mine done at my local indi (2013 Dodge, 73K). I provided the filter and ATF+4. He told me that it requires 5.3 Qts.

good grief. It seems the domestic brands always have to make things tough, unless they use an Aisin transmission (miss you Ford!). I found a schematic of the cooler lines and might just unhook the return from the cooler and do the 2 quarts at a time method. Gotta wait for warmer weather anyways, but, it's good to plan ahead.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/show..._category=20304

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Drop the pan and install a Dorman pan, 25$ at Rockauto, use a mopar filter.

Would you suggest pulling a cooler line and running it out into a bucket until it sputters to make the pan drop less messy? I know that's how some guys do it to prevent the inevitable spill from happening.

I dont have the 62te, but i would change the pan and let it drain and see how much will come out. replace the filter/pan and refill

you could then measure and put the exact amount back in and disconnect a cooler line. i do that on my durango, start it up run 30 seconds and shut off, measure how much came out, about a qt, do one for one refill until you have exchanged the full system capacity, less maybe a qt. button it up and take for a 10 minute ride to get up to temp.
park on level surface, measure level and top off to correct mark on stick, dont over fill.

you may need the discoonect tool to undo the line,

many ways to do these.

but a pan filter drop is best way to go the first time to clean the magnets, inspect and change the filter.

I used redline C+ and mopar filter. with the dorman pan you could do periodic drain and fills if you want to go
that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back