Who is this Car51 guy I'm impressed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montreal (West Island), Ile Perrot & Vaudreuil Reg
I want to work on getting valvetrain pics, oil filter cleanly cut open to inspect and photograph, with a oil sample sent to CAT for UOA's for my clients that are interested and love Car51's stuff he already posted.

From what I can tell Wix and Fram Ultra, and OEM seems to be the only filters I will be trusting thanks to his submissions.

And this louvre thing that is happening... I don't think I feel comfortable with louvres at all I will have to keep an eye on Wix it seems but researching it now off this site.

Thanks Car51 !!!

That would be me. Yes, I enjoy cutting oil filters open. FRAM ultra, wix, and Baldwin and few others are all I trust

MC filters I don't 100% trust as if the MC FL-400S I have on the Camry looks good; I'll keep using them. If not, I'll use Tough Guard and ultra's

Hes a good ole boy from Pennsylvania who has a good taste in beer also!!!
wink.gif

Hope all is well with you car51/buddy.

Ken

Thanks guys I am going to keep an eye on Baldwin but oddly can't find them easy in my area.

Does Baldwin have a good silicone ADBV for their jobber filters?

I only put filters on clients cars up here that are of the absolute finest I can get. No exceptions.

I seem to be looking at a very short list at this point, I may have to just stick to Ultras for the time being but would love to learn more about Baldwin I don't have much experience with them beyond the name.

Edit: I have absoluetly no problems using Honda blue cans either I guess that will be a route I'll return to by default. IIRC they are Honeywells with cardboard endcaps with Silicone ADBV but haven't looked into that to be a fact anymore.

Last edited:
Baldwins use nitrile ADBV. I like them myself but also love the tough guards and ultras

Thorromig: hope you are well sir
smile.gif
. GO STEELERS!

Originally Posted By: car51
Baldwins use nitrile ADBV. I like them myself but also love the tough guards and ultras

smile.gif
. GO STEELERS!

Both of my Baldwins purchased 3-4 years ago produced start-up clatter from day-1.
Never will I use Baldwin again.

I'm wondering if it would be ok to run the TG filter for 15k miles/less than a year on filter time wise? Esp since the Ultra can easily handle 20k miles and is rated for 15k. The TG is rated for 10k miles. Have a good day gentlemen!

SatinSilver: I was kinda disappointed in the TG 3614 I ran with EDGE 5w20 for 8,400 miles in the Focus. I guess the winter weather could have been partly the cause for the wavy pleats. I'd stick to 10k with a tough guard

smile.gif
. GO STEELERS!

No go CHIEFS!!
grin.gif

I do wish I could upload images to this site from an Apple device. I don't even take pics of the filters I cut open anymore since I can't share them here. Other than this site no one else is gonna care lol

Yes, they all seem to have wavy pleats which isn't confidence inspiring. But at least no tears. I guess to be exact it would be 13,500 on the filter.

Originally Posted By: cb_13

smile.gif
. GO STEELERS!

No go CHIEFS!!
grin.gif

I do wish I could upload images to this site from an Apple device. I don't even take pics of the filters I cut open anymore since I can't share them here. Other than this site no one else is gonna care lol

Why can't you upload from iThings? It seems to work for me? If it's a size issues there are tons of apps out there that let you resize the photos quickly.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure. Everything seems to work then the pic just never shows up. I was able to add them from my old PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back