Infiniti G37x

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister is looking at a 2011 Infiniti G37x sedan. It has 80k miles, newer tires (probably 3k miles on them), and has AWD. The car is owned by a family friend who is relocating to California and looking to sell it. The car has been well maintained and drives well. I don't really know much about these cars other than they are built by Nissan and seem like a glorified RWD/AWD Maxima with a 3.7L naturally aspirated V6. Any major issues to look out for? The G37 forums seem to indicate they are fairly reliable cars. Nissans do seem to have quality issues on their entry level vehicles and CVT auto transmissions from what I have read. This car has a 7 speed automatic.

My sister currently drives a 2005 Honda Civic. It runs great with 206k miles, but the rust is really starting to get to it.
frown.gif

The second-gen G's are great cars that are fairly reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. With that said, it's still worthwhile to buy a factory extended warranty for it since there are small items that will come up that can get a bit pricy. The biggest items to watch out for on a 2011 would be the rear timing cover gasket (later models are updated to a metal one) and the differential bushing (all of them will need it eventually). The rear timing cover gasket is a very expensive repair if it happens, but it is not a common failure from what we've seen.

I read about the timing gasket and the differential bushing. The diff bushing seems fairly doable with aftermarket parts.

No airbag light on. Do they have airbag issues?

My Father in law and uncle both had them. The drivetrains were pretty bullet proof but little things were constantly breaking. Window motors, switches, the radio, etc...

All that said, I'd definitely buy one. I love the seats and the cockpit feel in those cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back