Customer Service has gone downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
And these people want to get a pay hike to 15/hour minimum? They don't even deserve the $8 I used to get paid when I worked at a store. How about replacing them with machines... at least they aren't rude.

MCDONALDS:
- This breakfast sandwich is cold in the center. The cheese isn't even melted.
"Too bad."

TARGET:
- May I have plastic please?
"Oh god."
- Well it's just I have to squeeze this food into my work refrigerator and the paper bag is too large
smile.gif

"Thanks for telling me. I really don't care."

MOTEL6:
- You lost my reservation, and now you stuck me in a room that cost $10 more.
"Not my problem. Print the reservation, mail it to the central office, and hope you get a refund."
- It's a federal crime known as bait-and-switch to advertise $45 and charge $55 instead.
"I don't want to deal with you."
- But you still have my money.
"Get out." (A phone call to the reservations system fixed the problem, and got an employee scolded.)

UBER:
- Your driver charged me $120 for a ride that normally costs $20.
"He tells us you had a second passenger that he took home to the city."
- I was the only one in the car!
" "
- Hello? Anyone there?
" "
I could go on and on. Customer service has reached the lowest level I have ever seen in the last 30 years. It's as if people no longer care if they do junk work, and eventually get fired. And the businesses don't care if they lose customers who are fed-up with being ripped off!

So much for Minnesota nice.
Should have seen the response I got when I went into the appraisers office when they hiked my property value 28%. After they sent out individual to reappraise my value went down 38 percent but no way to get back what I over paid.
Excuse, the new computer program was at fault. Our county has less than 3,ooo households. How long would it have taken for the two workers at the office to go thru and check for abnormalities?
Did find out that we are loosing about 25 people per year. I wonder why:)

Last edited:
McDonalds - not surprising

Target - a little surprising

Motel 6 - no personal experience but it seems like it could be the McDonalds of lodging

Uber - that's disappointing

Credit card charge backs - PRICELESS!!!!

here's a good one:

Our health care provider changed the address that we're supposed to mail our premium payments to, but forgot to tell the customers. So they called and wanted us to pay over the phone (and suggested that we stop payment on the check we had sent), but found that their system wasn't working so said mail two months payment to the new address. They assured us there was no way they would terminate our policy.

ten days later we get a letter than says our health care insurance is cancelled for non-payment. We call them and they say that's not true - the account is 'frozen' (whatever that means) until the end of the month. They are suspicious that we really haven't paid but tell us we need to be more understanding while they search for the check.

I tell them they need to send a letter of apology to their customers after this is all over. They said that is up to management and said the real problem lies with the post office, not them.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Are you claiming you heard every one of those responses verbatim?

That would be my first question...it seems after the thick vs. thin debates, this topic is the most revisited on BITOG.

I would say that as an educated consumer you might also look at the other side of the equation where you likely have 5 people doing 9 peoples jobs, and a now common general expectation of a struggle with customer service people creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. On BITOG however, it's just a byttch fest if things aren't like they were in 1967 or their policies don't allow you to do something. Sometimes you never know if the BITOGER is an unreasonable or there really is an issue that needs addressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as McDonalds and Motel 6 go, are you surprised? Lower end food and lodging. Sometimes you get what you pay for...

One the appraisal item, it isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Minnesota's property tax system is one of the most complex in the country, and I've seen firsthand the headaches of trying to deal with some of the new systems they are trying to use on a much larger scale. 3000 households likely greatly diminishes the sheer number of land parcels that have to be dealt with, and occasionally mistakes happen. That's why you are mailed notices and have timeframes to respond - and had you done so, you wouldn't be out anything... They agreed they made an error, but if you passed the deadlines for appeals - that's on you, not them.

Always found Target and Motel 6 gave good service in my travels in the USA. I haven't tried McDonalds in the USA, I don't think much of its UK franchises so go elsewhere anyway.
But customer service seems hit and miss, in some areas it has improved as enlightened management see the advantages offering good service can give, whereas others have gone downhill because of short sighted immediate bottom line focused directors.

Claud.

Last edited:
With the greater age of the counties members tipping past 65 a goodly share of them are somewhere warmer with no way to come to meeting to respond in person in Decemberrr. I am going to be putting the state in the rearview mirror next year too. One of the last states that taxes vets pensions, and SS payments.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
With the greater age of the counties members tipping past 65 a goodly share of them are somewhere warmer with no way to come to meeting to respond in person in Decemberrr. I am going to be putting the state in the rearview mirror next year too. One of the last states that taxes vets pensions, and SS payments.

Another double dipper.

I have had to deal with several iffy customer service encounters, increased more in the past 1-2 years than previous times I feel. I usually smile and speak to the manager, if the manager is unhelpful then I call corporate and get a must more appropriate response. If I am paying for a service I expect what I pay for, not something subpar.

Service at our local Runza (a Nebraska chain) is very good, the help is polite, and they always get the order correct. They also deliver the order to your table. Just the opposite of our Burger King which I will not patronize. The place is way too noisy, and most of the noise is the help. The place is alway total chaos.

If this post is even of genuine origin, have you seen what these people have to put up with? They are mostly overworked and underappreciated, and I personally couldn't do their job. I try to treat them with respect and kindness, and usually get that in return.

I can't complain. I just had McDonald's cover the penny I was short. Disneyland gave me 2 free pretzels at closing and the local bead store in town gave my daughter free stuff. I always seem to have this luck, it makes my co worker mad as heck!

I honestly haven't had a bad customer service experience in a long time. As a matter of fact,McDonald's always gives me some of the best customer service ever.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I honestly haven't had a bad customer service experience in a long time. As a matter of fact,McDonald's always gives me some of the best customer service ever.

You forgot to disclose that you are actually Ronald McDonald.

In my locale customer service is quite good. I notice that customer service and employees in chains widely vary based on locale and who takes these jobs. The best service I find locally for low wage is college and high school students who are going places. i think the temporary nature helps them see the positive light at end of tunnel vs the person who is going no where.

The kids enjoy working together and it makes the experience more pleasant for all especially quick or fast food.

I perfectly agree. It's really hard to think back to a time when any of my experiences would be even close to something in the OP. I generally find most people to be helpful and nice. Everyone has a bad day now and then.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer

You forgot to disclose that you are actually Ronald McDonald.

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back