Dark Oil Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil at 126,580 and now at 128,465 miles. The math says a difference of 1,885 miles. Oil is getting too dark for comfort. It's got that root beer color. Seriously thinking about changing it out.
confused2.gif

Quick! Flush it out! It's sludging!
crackmeup2.gif

Post a pic of the dipstick with some oil on a paper towel. I've got to see this.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Post of the day by Merk. Do you ever drive a lot? Seems like you changed your oil a long time ago.

Now that you mention it, it was all the way back on June 30th !
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Just curious what oil?? Some oils clean much better than others as im sure you know..
Honestly, I doubt there anything to clean on that Buick's engine.

1900 miles in 5 months Merk!? You gotta take that thing out more often! I do that in a month!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Just curious what oil?? Some oils clean much better than others as im sure you know..

And some oils oxidize rapidly. The reason for an oil change is to drain out contaminates. UOA can help you determine additive status, but a basic UOA won't determine if the oil is contaminated with excess carbon or particulates.

However, that does seem a bit early.

What type of oil?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Send in an oil sample and prove us wrong.

I'm afraid it might come back with high potassium; that's all I need right now.
eek.gif

Im using Mobil Super High Mileage 5w30 also in my sons v-tech Civic and in the Volvo and it seems to become darker faster than the last High Mileage i used.. I believe it's because it is cleaning really well.. Im liking that oil a lot it slowed consumption down for sure.. Great oil.

Fast colour change is sign of impending earthquake. Better move fast, wait doesn't sound good as you only moved 1900 miles in 5 months. Just change as normal and go have some T day leftovers. They proabably will charge you double what you paid for the oil to dispose of it.:)

It's gonna blow. Up your insurance coverage and purchase several gallons of gasoline. Have fun!!!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Changed the oil at 126,580 and now at 128,465 miles. The math says a difference of 1,885 miles. Oil is getting too dark for comfort. It's got that root beer color. Seriously thinking about changing it out.
confused2.gif

Never buy a Diesel, You would probably have a heart attack!! Don't you have a 3.8L Buick engine? Have a oil sample checked for fuel, If present......check the FPR, Then the Injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back