Topped with used oil and the frequent adding cease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was annoyed with the need to add a qt., every thousand km with 5w30 dexos 1 in my Citroen C5. Last time I got [censored] and put a qt of its previous used oil 10w40 semi with 15k kms. Doing myself engine oil changes for my car and wife's.

The level on dipstick is stable as a rock now, even after a long trip.

I liked when the oil level gauge started working again for 3 k kms, but stopped again. Now, the consumption was a drawback.

31.gif
21.gif

Lost in translation? I think he's saying that used 10W40 stopped his consumption issue? Maybe he's found the answer that others have found for burning oil-go up a grade or two.

Why do people get upset about adding oil? You're already under the hood checking the level, and when it happens to be low you're already there. It takes 30 seconds to top it off.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Lost in translation? I think he's saying that used 10W40 stopped his consumption issue? Maybe he's found the answer that others have found for burning oil-go up a grade or two.

Yes, exactly, a little used 10w40 made a huge difference. I was adding new oil and the consumption kept going like a lot.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Why do people get upset about adding oil? You're already under the hood checking the level, and when it happens to be low you're already there. It takes 30 seconds to top it off.

Let me guess: you have a lot of oil co blue chips.

What I conclude is that Maybe the low volatile used oil helped the base of the high burning oil.

Plus that 10w40 was not C3 or E7 (low saps)...

Next tread will be like... Now my car stopped to burn oil... But its constantly in limp/safe mode...why???
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini

What I conclude is that Maybe the low volatile used oil helped the base of the high burning oil.
I don't know what "oil company blue chips" means.

Oil is cheap. Get out a calculator and calculate how much it costs you to put gas in your car for a year and how much is costs in oil per year. Does an extra $10-$20 a year really make that big of a difference? Gas costs me around $2,000 a year (and we have cheap gas). Oil costs me less than $40 a year. Actually I only buy oil on sale so this past year it has literally cost me less than $20 for oil, and my car burns a quart every 2,500 miles.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Plus that 10w40 was not C3 or E7 (low saps)...

Next tread will be like... Now my car stopped to burn oil... But its constantly in limp/safe mode...why???
smile.gif

Why, if it isn't burning anymore? Not needed C3 oil either for an EW10S4 engine
E7 not applicable, not a diesel.

You assume some huh?

If oil is such a small part of owning a car then why is everyone so worried about buying a high priced syn and then running it for 10,000 miles and then bragging about it. Just put any regular oil in it and change it every 5,000 miles and get a life. You will never run the car to the grave anyway.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini

I don't know what "oil company blue chips" means.

Oil is cheap. Get out a calculator and calculate how much it costs you to put gas in your car for a year and how much is costs in oil per year. Does an extra $10-$20 a year really make that big of a difference? Gas costs me around $2,000 a year (and we have cheap gas). Oil costs me less than $40 a year. Actually I only buy oil on sale so this past year it has literally cost me less than $20 for oil, and my car burns a quart every 2,500 miles.

Ihh, you're used to polute the air that other people breath, because it looks cheap in your calculator? That's not a nice way of thinking.
37.gif

Originally Posted By: rideahorse
If oil is such a small part of owning a car then why is everyone so worried about buying a high priced syn and then running it for 10,000 miles and then bragging about it. Just put any regular oil in it and change it every 5,000 miles and get a life. You will never run the car to the grave anyway.

Yuphaaa!

And they Keep coming.

Education, Education, Education.
28.gif

Better to you to Rideahorse even.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back