Best oil drip pan for garage floor under car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need one for small oil leaks, tired of cardboard.
metal would not be good as concrete floor is a little uneven and metal pans are not flat.
anyone use a rubber one?
what do you do put cat litter in it?

I have a dry mop hanging on the garage wall for mopping up the drips everyday. You would think that at some point the mop would be soaking wet full of oil, but it always stays the same for some reason; I never have to ring it out. I've even entertained the thought that maybe the oil evaporates a little bit.
21.gif

There are absorbent pads that cover the entire under engine area.Some are made by "Oil Dri" brand.

I don't have any oil leak but when I do oil changes or do work on the car I too have been using the card board method for any oil or other fluids to keep from getting on the garage floor. One idea you might consider is go to Home Depot or Lowes and purchase a few heavy door mats as they work great for a small area. I have bought two that were on sale for $5 each and I just wipe them down with a rag or paper towel. I do know that Costco as a large garage mat that you can roll out which covers a large area I think the price is $149 or less. I would love to buy and install the individual garage floor tiles but cannot justify the cost. Here is a link to Garage Flooring Inc as they have several products you might like. Garage Flooring Inc

Advance sells a drip tray for $10.99 that works great. I use mine when I do undercarriage work to catch drips and the occasional wayward socket. The drip tray is 25" X 36" and about an inch deep. It's galvanize with a relatively sturdy lip and is perfect to fit between the front wheels. Just be careful and don't drive over it. It'll flatten out like a pancake.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Advance sells a drip tray for $10.99 that works great. I use mine when I do undercarriage work to catch drips and the occasional wayward socket. The drip tray is 25" X 36" and about an inch deep. It's galvanize with a relatively sturdy lip and is perfect to fit between the front wheels. Just be careful and don't drive over it. It'll flatten out like a pancake.

That is what I use. It's like a giant cookie sheet. I don't understand why it matters that your floor is uneven.

Household cookie sheets are too small, and cardboard doesn't cut it for my Alfa's drippage. I'm planning to buy a metal pan at Autozone for $10. Pep Boys has a plastic or rubber one also for $10.

If you have/had kids...they sell special absorbing mats to use when changing babies, very practical and looks very "clean" on the floor of the garage
laugh.gif

A friend of mine used to work in a factory making these stuff, and I have a small stock. But my cars don't leak
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back