Autozone lifetime warranty brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SanProsan
I'm a manager at autozone. Just bring them in and say you want to replace them under lifetime warranty because they started squealing. Or any other worthy excuse of your choice. But keep the excuses short, or it becomes suspicious lol.

That is good to know. I have a pair of the gold c-max pads on my Equinox now. Be nice to only replace the rotors next time I need to do a brake job.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
I'm a manager at autozone. Just bring them in and say you want to replace them under lifetime warranty because they started squealing. Or any other worthy excuse of your choice. But keep the excuses short, or it becomes suspicious lol.

That is good to know. I have a pair of the gold c-max pads on my Equinox now. Be nice to only replace the rotors next time I need to do a brake job.

I'd be willing to try the Duralast Max too since it's advertised as being quiet and low dust. What's your experience been like?

Originally Posted By: 6starprez

I'd be willing to try the Duralast Max too since it's advertised as being quiet and low dust. What's your experience been like?

The Equinox's brakes have never been particularly firm but I did notice a difference when I did the c-maxs. There is more grip to them and the noise/dust has been low. Over all they have been good for me.

Originally Posted By: 6starprez

The Equinox's brakes have never been particularly firm but I did notice a difference when I did the c-maxs. There is more grip to them and the noise/dust has been low. Over all they have been good for me.

Thanks. I'm not happy with the Centric Posiquiet ceramic pads on the rear. I changed them last August at 73K and they have been dusty from the start. The front pads are fine but it was my first and last time buying brake pads online.

from what I understand, "Lifetime warranty" is against defects, not wearout. or am I wrong? ethically, it's only fair to actually PAY for replacement pads...

I will bow out of the "right vs. wrong" and ethics discussion. I am truly asking if this is intended to be a "wearout" warranty.

at least AutoZone works to satisfy the customer. the same is NOT true of Cloyes. I called their tech support line 2X and they would not talk to me or return my call.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I will bow out of the "right vs. wrong" and ethics discussion. I am truly asking if this is intended to be a "wearout" warranty.

at least AutoZone works to satisfy the customer. the same is NOT true of Cloyes. I called their tech support line 2X and they would not talk to me or return my call.

I have actually heard a district manager (manager of 12-15 stores) tell a customer that the lifetime warranty is for defects AND wear&tear. Make your own assumptions.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You'll have to buy new pads, they want the pads really low.

Nonsense.

I have returned many sets of pads for new ones that were not completely worn out.

If they say no try another autozone.

good to know. on my echo the pads still had 1/3 remaining so I did not attempt to have them replaced - even though they were the "gold".

a lot of hidden bashing autozone in this thread. Not sure why

Just answer the guy's question, like the first few posters do and move on. If you dont have first hand experience then carry on, dont bash the place or post up false/inaccurate info.

I have the durlast gold front pads of 2 of my cars. I can wararnty exchange them anytime i want and have done so without any problems. The guy at the counter seems to do it 2 diffrent ways, they either have you buy the new pads, replace and bring old ones back and they will claim it under XXX (warranty or defective). Or if i have time i bring take off the pads and bring them, they claim it under warranty then.

I think i'm one of the few that chooses to do the latter because i can plan things out and takes more time to drive to AZ then for me to replace/lube everything. Their smartphone app is also great to make sure they have your parts in STOCK.

Last edited:
I replaced a set last year, not completely worn but I just put it in a plastic bag and they never even look at it. Gave me a new one.

My data is in their computer, I told them which car that one is for. It was the Duralast Gold c-max pad.

Then, they kept the old one in the box and gave me the new one and put them in the plastic bag.

Last edited:
I used the Lifetime ones. I believe they were the durolast ones.

Originally Posted By: topbliss
Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I can't see any reason they would warranty a pad that isn't worn out.. Check amazon for some wagner thermoquiets. Can probably get some better pads for less money than at the zone.

^^^ this. I tried the autozone lifetime pads and they made noise, huge dust clouds and did not last. The Wagner thermoquiets are just the opposite. Best pads I've fonund

Did you try the cheapest ones? There is "good", " better", "best". The mid grade is same as OEM. The cheapest, aka " good", work just as you explained: dust, noise, don't last. And of course the "best", AkA Duralast Max, is what I use and I have never had noise or dust problems. And after 20k traffic miles on a heavy Toyota Highlander Hybrid they still look and work like brand new... Just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back