5.0 Ford Coyote oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
For my 2013 Mustang (5.0 Coyote V8) they recommend 5w20 weight oil. My car is a non Track Pack car if my car had the track pack they would recommend 5w50 weight full synthetic oil. According to Ford there is no difference in the motor other then the Track pack adds an oil cooler and slightly larger radiator. So my question is how can a car engine have such a wide range of oil recommended from a 5w20 to a 5w50 seems like a real wide spread? Also if the spread is so wide why couldn't you run 5w30, 0w40, 10w40, or whatever grade oil up to 5w50?

You correct, can run what ever grade you want with a significant difference of those two speced viscosities. I would run 0w40 if it were mine.

I went to the dealer for my first 3-4 oil changes on my 2014 GT and let them work their motorcraft 5w20 magic. But I can only go on Saturdays due to work and it takes forever so I used a witches brew off the shelves of my oil stash. Not intended to get a better result...just what I had-

3 qts Supertech 5W20 SN
1 qt Supertech 5W20 SN Synthetic
4 qts (or close) of Rotella T6 5W40

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
There are no good deals on 5W50, trust me, if there was I would buy it in bulk.

Do you mean Motorcraft or in general? I've found discounted Syntec 5W50 plenty of times. I stopped buying it when I couldn't figure out what to do with it anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back