Toyo Proxes 4 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyo's best Ultra high performance all season tire the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus I am looking for some opinion on them if anyone here has run with them?

I don't know the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus but I had Toyo Proxes 4 some years ago and didn't very please with it. The performance isn't outstanding as promised and it was very noisy on any surface.

Allegedly the Proxes 4 was a good tire.

In my application I used a 275/40/20 that was initially pretty good. But like all cheaper tires they quickly degraded as they wore. Lasted less than 20k miles and were hard as a stone and noisy as they aged.

Not high on my list anymore...

I have Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires on my Sonata now. Great performing tire all around, the car came with cheap Hankook tires from the factory, the upgrade has transformed the car in the corners.

So far I have 16K on them with no problems to report. They've taken a major beating this winter with potholes and survived every impact. They also do well in the snow, the inside tread has wide groves that help improve wet and snow traction. Before I had these tires my car was virtually un-drivable in anything more than 2 inches of snow.

The only downside that I can see is comfort compared to regular touring tires. But that's a given since they are high performance tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Toyo's best Ultra high performance all season tire the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus I am looking for some opinion on them if anyone here has run with them?

Well, if they are to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 as the T1R was to the Pilot Super Sport, then Steve's account mirrors mine.

I'd consider the A/S3's.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Allegedly the Proxes 4 was a good tire.

In my application I used a 275/40/20 that was initially pretty good. But like all cheaper tires they quickly degraded as they wore. Lasted less than 20k miles and were hard as a stone and noisy as they aged.

Not high on my list anymore...

My father had Proxes A05 on his Maxima when it was new. Junk... I had Proxes FZ4 on one of my cars back in the day, Junk... I will never buy a Toyo tire again.

I did put Pilot Sport A/S3's on my Civic SI and I love them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back