Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
That device does not at all relate to how an engine oil performs in a hot engine, its the tool of the snake oil salesman. I saw a demo where head and shoulders shampoo performed well on that machine!!

General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Company, Honda, Samsung, British Steel, United Airlines, Frigidaire, Texaco, Chevron, Shell Oil Company, U.S. Navy, IBM, Pillsbury........

These Company uses SFR [censored]
They can't be Fake.......... ??

Originally Posted By: spasm3
That device does not at all relate to how an engine oil performs in a hot engine, its the tool of the snake oil salesman. I saw a demo where head and shoulders shampoo performed well on that machine!!

I can believe that of Head & Shoulders. Its active ingredient for fighting dandruff is Zinc Pyrithione. I'd bet the strawberry-scented Suave shampoo I use wouldn't do as well.

You can search the whole Internet, and only get this kind of information on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Bhargav
General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Company, Honda, Samsung, British Steel, United Airlines, Frigidaire, Texaco, Chevron, Shell Oil Company, U.S. Navy, IBM, Pillsbury........

These Company uses SFR [censored]
They can't be Fake.......... ??

I don't even know what SFR is? Please tell us about the product and how these companies use it. The Timkin test machine is not a valid test for engine oil. How and where does gm use it? Honda? please provide references from these companies.

Any Answers regarding the Question???

Other than "has anybody used it" These questions might be better answered by SFR themselves. Type of additive and how much to add is something none of us can determine. Let us know what you find out!

Thanks

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't even know what SFR is? Please tell us about the product and how these companies use it. The Timkin test machine is not a valid test for engine oil. How and where does gm use it? Honda? please provide references from these companies.

Agreed. These are all wonderful claims, yet we have no answers. We also have tests that have no bearing on motor oil.

Considering the diversity of names that are claimed to use it, the only common thing I can think of is they all have toilets at their facilities. Therefore, SFR must be a toilet bowl cleaner that also shows well on useless tests.

If my oil needs an additive, that clearly means, at least to me, that I'm buying the wrong oil.

Any Answers regarding the Question???

You are not going to get any blending advice on an ("acid treated napthenic" additive (that's not "chlorinated parafins")), proven to work on a variant of the sideshow "one armed bandit", to add to reclaimed recovered scrap ship sump oil to make a "premium" oil product.

The advice to seek the advice of the additive manufacturer is about the only sound thing that can be suggested, as they know their additive, and you know your basestock, and to what standards you wish to test your premium product to in the market that you wish to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back