What cars use 19mm lug wrench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had my Mustang rims mounted I had to go from 21mm to 19mm to allow clearance for the center caps.
I will be going to the wrecking yard tomorrow to find a 19mm tire iron and hoped I could get some direction from here.

Hello, Both Volvo V70's I've owned (1999 and 2002) had 19mm lug bolts. Too bad you're in Oregon. I have an extra OE Volvo lug wrench. The "hubcap pry tool" end is coated in a durable red rubber. It's a bit shorter than you'd ever buy. You can have it for $1 over postage. Kira

Most later model Honda Accords use that size. My 2009 does.

Probably Civics and other Hondas of the same vintage as well.

My Taurus took a 19mm. So probably 1996-2007 Tauruses. Should be easy to find one of those.

I usually buy a X type lug nut wrench and if the vehicle has hard to remove hub-caps I cut off the lug-nut socket opposite the one that fits the car, or sometimes it is the lug-nut socket that is least likely to ever be needed that I will cut off. I then shape the remaining shaft to be a large screw-driver blade with the end of the blade at 45 degrees when the x wrench is laying on the ground. The 45 degree blade angle makes it easy to get between the hub-cap and the tire rim, and then with a small twist, tough to remove hub-caps can be easily removed.

Kinda like getting the blade end of a simple tire iron and the advantages of a X wrench allowing you to use both hands to apply torque, all in one tool once you add the blade tip modification.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, Both Volvo V70's I've owned (1999 and 2002) had 19mm lug bolts. Too bad you're in Oregon. I have an extra OE Volvo lug wrench. The "hubcap pry tool" end is coated in a durable red rubber. It's a bit shorter than you'd ever buy. You can have it for $1 over postage. Kira

Thank you very much for the offer, I will definitely look at the Volvos first.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
I usually buy a X type lug nut wrench and if the vehicle has hard to remove hub-caps I cut off the lug-nut socket opposite the one that fits the car, or sometimes it is the lug-nut socket that is least likely to ever be needed that I will cut off. I then shape the remaining shaft to be a large screw-driver blade with the end of the blade at 45 degrees when the x wrench is laying on the ground. The 45 degree blade angle makes it easy to get between the hub-cap and the tire rim, and then with a small twist, tough to remove hub-caps can be easily removed.

Kinda like getting the blade end of a simple tire iron and the advantages of a X wrench allowing you to use both hands to apply torque, all in one tool once you add the blade tip modification.

Good idea, but I just want a small tire iron to keep in my car and not take up too much space.

A bunch. Do you need a thin wall socket? Check.

BTW, 19mm is right about 3/4", opening more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back