under the hood of my explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130215_095504_zps710eccbe.jpg

Just a pic of my wifes explorer. Hope she appreciates all the work put into every detail of the car

This was her Valentines Day present instead of flowers/candy/diamond?

Let us know how it goes.

Pick up an issue or two of Cosmo and get an idea of how women think?

Great job keeping that engine clean it certainly looks new! I am afraid however that your wife along with most others(mine included) couldn't care less as long as they get from point A to point B.

Lol she just kinda shrugged it off. But she was very happy that the interior was clean and smelling good.

After the oil leaks I figured it was a good idea to clean the heck outta it so I can tell if it starts leaking again.

Woah!!!!!! That looks GREAT!!!!!! You do realize you have to tell us the entire step by step technique you used :^)

i have always seen a clean engine compartment as a sign of pride of the owner. i clean all mine on a regular basis. Even my wifes BMW, which she has never opened the hood on, is spotless.

Whenever i help someone with car problems, i always cringe at the sight of how dirty a lot of them get. make me want to just get the job over with.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Woah!!!!!! That looks GREAT!!!!!! You do realize you have to tell us the entire step by step technique you used :^)

Thanks! I bought two cans of engine bright. Used one on the rearend and one on the engine. Let it sit while I washed the car and then sprayed it off with the wand at the car wash. Used low pressure around all the wiring and was very careful using high pressure on the engine block and compartment. Then I sprayed it down with armour all while I was cleaning the inside out at the vacuums. It doesn't take much armour all because the heat from the engine makes it spread out quite a bit. Been taking care of it like that since we got it and haven't had any issues.

On a related not while I was in there I noticed the serpentine belt was cracking so I just changed that out. Really easy, took 5 mins.

I'm guessing most girls are not into clean carbs, clean hoses or shinny oil caps, but it was a nice thing to do.imho. Now go get her some ear rings and a matching diamond and you will be number one forever and ever....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back