ARX Replenishment Dose When Using Oil>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying the ARX cleanze, in my 4.6 Police Interceptor. Prob is she uses oil here and there. When I see I'm at a qt. of usage, I of course replace it. I was wondering, what amount of ARX is needed, to replenish the mix to original strength, when a quart of host oil has been burned off? Thanks!

ULVER, is this your 2nd engine treatment, or am I thinking about your trans treatment?

Did the AAMCO MV go in yet?

I hope your oil consumption goes down!

quote:

Originally posted by Islandvic:
ULVER, is this your 2nd engine treatment, or am I thinking about your trans treatment?

Did the AAMCO MV go in yet?

Still on the first application. Getting close to a change. The Mercon V should go in next week.
smile.gif

I hope your oil consumption goes down!

ME TOO! ME TOO!

quote:

Originally posted by darkdan:
Considering most of the working chemistry is "clinging" to the walls of stuff...I wouldn't worry.

That's interesting Dan. I wish you'd go into more detail.
cheers.gif

Between replacing qts., and having to guess miles, because the odemeter is gonerzzz...I wonder if it's all worth it!
frown.gif

I think it works out to about 1 ounce per quart (correct me if I'm wrong). I would simply add a little to it and not worry to much about the exact ratio. A little too much won't do any harm.

Groucho is correct - if you pre-mix in 2 oz with the quart of oil you are filling from, you don't worry about the proper ratio. I wouldn't worry about it unless I were burning a quart in less than 750 miles - that was the original duration until Frank changed to 1500 miles to accomodate synthetic oil use.

No replenishment is needed - on the Auto-Rx forum, Frank provided this response to a user who had already made up one quart and needed to add yet another quart 800 miles into the clean phase:

"Frank Miller
Administrator

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 : 12:01:47 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote
Auto-Rx is already on the metal. Oil burning will not effect Auto-Rx cleansing. Just top off oil and continue with correct application for your engine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back