motorcraft oil in Dodge pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2008 dodge ram pickup has a 4.7 engine. Is it all right to run the 5-20 MC oil in it ? It has no chrysler rating. Thanks Cal

No! Using Ford oil in a Chrysler will cause a rift and destroy the universe!
laugh.gif

(Yes, it will be fine.)

Why not use an oil that's from an american company. I forgot who makes motorcraft oil but it's not an american company.

MC is made by Conoco Phillips right? I am pretty sure they are an American company with HQ in Houston.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Why not use an oil that's from an american company. I forgot who makes motorcraft oil but it's not an american company.

ConocoPhillips is an American company.

Using Ford oil in a Chrysler will envoke visions of Lee Iacocca being fired by Henry Ford II,being hired by Chrysler and saving the Corporation.Historically it would be correct.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Using Ford oil in a Chrysler will envoke visions of Lee Iacocca being fired by Henry Ford II,being hired by Chrysler and saving the Corporation.Historically it would be correct.

Don't forget to use an AC Delco Filter, so Mr.Chrysler can feel betrayed all over again/roll over in his grave.
(He was the CEO of Buick that was ousted by their board when they joined GM. He was against the merger. So he started his own company)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back