2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Just finished using up our free oil changes at the dealership. Now it's time to start using synthetic. Wife's daily driver. Drives about 20 miles to school, 70% hwy and 30% street. Dealer was putting Castol Synblend. I'm thinking either 5w30 Mobil 1 or Mobil super synthetic with nissan filter. Which of these two would you guys use? Because the car is still under warranty, oil will be changed every 6-7k miles.

Martin

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Isn't the required OCI every 3750 miles?

If so, I would suggest going with conventional until the warranty period is over.

The severe service interval is 3,750 miles; normal is 7,500.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
Originally Posted By: sir1900
Isn't the required OCI every 3750 miles?

If so, I would suggest going with conventional until the warranty period is over.

The severe service interval is 3,750 miles; normal is 7,500.

In that case, I think PP is an excellent oil. UOAs have consistently shown good results. Having said that, you could go with the M1 or Castrol Syntec and call it a day. There is no right or wrong choice here.

IMO...Pennzoil Platinum 5w30.....with a Purolator PureOne or Bosch Preminum filter.....and an OCI of 7000K +/-....should be a perfect combination....for your Nissan Sentra.

Prior to every oil change....put a fuel system cleaner in you gas tank (Redline Si-1 or Gumont Regane).

Originally Posted By: Mazda3LA
I'm thinking either 5w30 Mobil 1 or Mobil super synthetic with nissan filter. Which of these two would you guys use? Because the car is still under warranty, oil will be changed every 6-7k miles.

If you need to go the severe service 3750 mile OCI, like I do in my G37, I'd use a conventional. I use PYB. With the longer interval, any synthetic API/ILSAC rated 5w-30 would do the trick.

For what it's worth, up here, Infiniti uses Mobil 1000 for its conventional changes and Mobil 1 for it's synthetic ones.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
IMO...Pennzoil Platinum 5w30.....with a Purolator PureOne or Bosch Preminum filter.....and an OCI of 7000K +/-....should be a perfect combination....for your Nissan Sentra.

Prior to every oil change....put a fuel system cleaner in you gas tank (Redline Si-1 or Gumont Regane).

This^^^ It's been somewhat of a debate or a well known fact here that the quality of Nissan's OEM filters in the last few years has diminished and going with a high quality aftermarket one is quite popular. Any well known high quality synthetic will do just fine here, I like the other person, like Pennzoil synthetics too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back