Pennzoil 303 grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this product is no longer manufactured. Can someone tell me it's intended use. I bought a few tubes 7-8 years ago, and have been using this for chassis lubrication. After reading this forum, I've come to realize that a moly grease is probably what I really need for Ball Joints, Tie Rods, etc. As I recall, 303 tubes indicated that it was OK for general purpose chassis lube. How bad is it, and will I run into issues with mixing if I switch to a moly grease?

Sliding surfaces will benefit from the moly but if your using a general purpose grease AND using it frequently enough you shouldn't have a problem. The key is regular greasing, no matter the grease if you let it go dry wear will happen.

If you really want to switch you should make sure both greases have the same soap base (Lithium, or calcium, etc...). Or you can manually disassemble and clean out the old the grease (lets be realistic here...).

This is in a classic car that sees 1500-2000 miles a year tops, no rain, and gets greased every spring. I suspect anything remotely "grease-like" would probably work in this application! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back