valvoline diesel oil/black bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and does anyone know if VALVOLINE still sells their "black bottle" 15w40 oil? Place I used to work at sold it in bulk, havent been out that way in like 3 yrs though. Also, what are the big differences in passenger car motor oil, and diesel engine oil, besides a heck of a better additive package and soot control additives and package? Thank you in advance. Has the amount of sulphur and ZDDP and good stuff been taken out of diesel oils also?

adam

ZDDP is generally higher in HDEOs than PCMOs, according to many posts here and my review of data sheets of Valvoline, Delo and Mobil 1 TDT; haven't thought about the sulfur content.
To your point, the introduction of CJ-4 reduced ZDDP compared to CI-4, but it's still higher than most PCMOs.

Comp Cams was known to recommend Rotella at least before they launched their own brand.

A data sheet for Valvoline All-Fleet® Plus Engine Oil is here: http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/motor-oil/diesel-motor-oil/12, dated May 2009.

I asked this question as my friend near me has a 89' 2v cummins diesel in his ram truck. He found it still at the old workplace that I worked at in Chippewa.

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back