Increased Oil Pressure with Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the rub with the pressure development thing here. Something must be unique to this engine. Like maybe the pressure relief is down stream from the filter and the pressure sender and not directly integrated with the pump.

If the pump/relief/sender arrangement is "conventional/traditional" you can see elevations with a "restrictive filter" IF the relief is open up to the bypass limit ..but this is masked by the relief limit of the pump. That is, the pump "sees" (pulling a number out of my behind) 50 lbs. Let's say the filter is restrictive and is in bypass (let's say 10lbs) ..so the engine will see 40psi.

OTOH, if the sender is before the filter and the pressure relief of the system is downstream of the filter ...this, in my opinion, is the only way that I can see this occuring. Your pressure, at that point in the system, is unregulated.

Your normalized oil temp should always reduce the filter to below 2PSID ..usually to so many inches of water column.
dunno.gif

Do these engines have any VVT or cam advancers or something like that??

This is the situation with Ford PS (some years anyway) and some marine engines.

lol.gif
Gary...

-Nebraskan, wet roads = driving in the rain.

And oh yeahhh.. we got snow too, baby!! (More like sleet rain, but surely enough, some snow that may last about a week to a month or so). Texas got it all... hot scorching summer, crazy windy (tornado/hurricane-like) weathers, rains that flood like crazy, wintry mix, etc. I see many repairs being done to the freeways i usually get onto, most likely due to the weather conditions i mentioned above.

-12glocks, i'm planning to buy some michelins pretty soon too. They're much better.

I have the stock 18's as well. We do not have a lot of selection in our size. I have Michelins picked out next. There not cheap though.

Just for the record, and so the post is not in error for people doing searches in the future, I believe I was incorrect about Nissan Titans having variable valve timing.

I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back