92 Accord- 2 wheel vs 4 wheel alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting new tires on my Accord within the next week or so. I'm getting an alignment done when they're put on. One of the front tires isn't wearing very evenly, so I definitely need a front end alignment at the least. My question is do I need, or would it be beneficial to get, a 4 wheel alignment? Is there even any adjustment for the rear? This car has had a few front end alignments before, but I don't think its ever had a 4 wheel done.

If the back tires look like they are wearing fine I would probably just do a front end alignment. Its your call though a 4 wheel certainly wouldn't hurt. It would also be a good time to think about front struts since you going to have an alignment.

Spend the few extra bucks for a 4 wheel alignment. The rear toe-in needs to be set so the rear wheels follow the fronts exactly. IMO the tech that does the job and the equipment that is used is the most important part of the job. FWIW--Oldtommy

When I did alignments at Sears the 4 wheel and 2 wheel were the same price. Only time it was more if the car was a Mercedes that needed the tension rod in the front or a BMW that needed to be weighted to align, just examples, theres more.

Well I already bought the tires off Tire Rack. They're sitting in my garage right now. I'm going to take it to my long-time family mechanic to have them mounted, balanced, and the alignment done. I'll have him check all the bushings and whatnot, and I'll probably go for the 4 wheel alignment. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back