Favorite Oil Quaker State Or Pennzoil ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jsut finished two runs of Pennzoil Platinum and had no noise of oil use issues. Just put in Quaker State Ultimate Durability and the Tacoma seems to like it. No noise or use issues either. Granted the main reason for using them was the available rebates. But I will also say I think the Tacoma likes both better than Valvoline products that I used early in the trucks life. The Valvoline products seemed noiser to me.

As for the Sopus products I think I like the Quaker State better.

Gonna try PU for the 1st time, and see how that well that works out in my mazda6. Paid under $20 for 6 qts. of it on Amazon last week.

Originally Posted By: EricZoom
Gonna try PU for the 1st time, and see how that well that works out in my mazda6. Paid under $20 for 6 qts. of it on Amazon last week.

You'd received the $17-19/case of PU from Amazon already ?

Personnaly I like Pennzoil better, I tried PP 5W20 in E430 2 years ago and it was so good in that car, the engine was so quiet and MPG went up about 5-10% from M1 0W40.

Last edited:
Quaker State. My truck runs great on it, a lot better than the oil I used before. I picked up another case for $1.99 per quart at AAP this past weekend, so now I have 2 cases of QS 10W30 in my stash.

QS is the best oil I have ever used.

It's funny, I thought QS was the lousy stuff leftover from making Pennzoil. I used it when they had a good rebate and I was sold. For the price QS is a better oil, especially QSUD.JMHO + I've seen some great UOA's on it lately. Bottom line is they are both good oils, so get what is on sale.

I like them both,the normal for me is to choose PYB first and if they don't have the grade i'm looking for,then QSGB is my next choice.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

You'd received the $17-19/case of PU from Amazon already ?

Personnaly I like Pennzoil better, I tried PP 5W20 in E430 2 years ago and it was so good in that car, the engine was so quiet and MPG went up about 5-10% from M1 0W40.

Not yet. They said probably by the end of Dec. I still have time left on my M1 change I did back in May.

Q.S.conventional has slightly higher sulphur content compared to Pennziol Yellow bottle . Here's the comparison chart , www.pqiamerica.com/testresults3a.html . Anything to be concerned about in regard to the catalytic converter ? Otherwise I'd get the Q.S. at 99 cents a quart after rebate . Just did 2 O.C.s for the cars using the 5w-30 PENNZOIL Y.B. that's S.N. GF-5 . Not aware if the S.N. Y.B. has lower sulphur , compared to the S.M. in the chart .

Last edited:
Quaker State. Saw a fellow worker run the Dog c rap out of a company vehicle running on Quaker State years ago and the engine never used a drop. Maybe just the engine but surprised anything survived this guy.

Not yet. They said probably by the end of Dec. I still have time left on my M1 change I did back in May.

Well, as long as they don't cancel the orders I had for 2 cases 5W20 and 2 cases 10W30, they can ship it a year from today, I will be happy with the price of around $3/qt for a quality syn oil.

Since they don't have it in stock, they will receive new shipment from Sopus and it is likely that we will have SN instead of SM.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Well, as long as they don't cancel the orders I had for 2 cases 5W20 and 2 cases 10W30, they can ship it a year from today, I will be happy with the price of around $3/qt for a quality syn oil.

Since they don't have it in stock, they will receive new shipment from Sopus and it is likely that we will have SN instead of SM.

I hope they'll let the orders go through also. They sell it, they should honor it. This bargain definitely caught my eye.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
What is everyones favorite oil "and why?" between Quaker State Or Pennzoil?

Favorite between the two? I just use the great advice from Pennzoil to help me decide:

37. What is the relationship (differences) between the Formula Shell®, Quaker State® and Pennzoil® product lines?

We are all one company under the Shell Group, but we understand that consumers have a very strong brand preference – for whatever the reason. We respect this and have marketers and formulations to support the different brands. Rest assured that the specific formulations for Formula Shell®, Quaker State® and Pennzoil® are different from each other.

Cleared it right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back