Anyone stocking up on Delo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Everyone knows it's on rollback for $8.50gal. Is that enough to cause Rotella,Dlvac users to stock up?

I don't need it got 25 gals of plus-50 and Delvac but yea been buying it...

Yes, at that price I now have 10-gallons in my stash. Great oil and I can use it in anything I own (except for my cars this coming winter).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beast3300
I had to fight myself from buying some. I don't have any :-(

spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I love Walmart and their every day low prices.

Oh, that'll probably start bringing the trolls out to play...
06.gif

Has anyone noticed Rotella's clever new jug? It looks to be way larger than the Delo jug. It would make the average joe think he's getting more for his money. It apparently works. T Delo is on rollback at our erea stores and the shelves are full of it. The Rotella is $12 a gallon and the shelves are about half full to empty in some stores. Why is it that Delo seems to not be as strong in sales? Less advertizing? It is(by all accounts)just as good of an oil.
Where's the love for Delo?

I saw the $8.50 per gallon at WM also, stocked up. I switched over to Delo a few years ago from Rotella. My 2002 F350 7.3 likes the Delo. I think Delo is a quality product.

Delo is a fine oil,very good as is all the name brands i think it comes down to marketing and advertising of course.

use it with confidence,Delo came FF in allot of OTR trucks.

daman,

My truck likes the Delo. I don't use as much make up oil between changes. I didn't know Delo was FF oil for many of the diesel engine makers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turbowhistle
daman,

My truck likes the Delo. I don't use as much make up oil between changes. I didn't know Delo was FF oil for many of the diesel engine makers.

Yep we have two Volvo OTR trucks with N14s that it was FF in,it's a fine oil.

I'm still running closeout Delo SAE30 from 5 years ago. It's great oil. You can't beat a Spring/Summer/Fall 10K+ oil change for $.99 a gallon. Amen to the $5.00 oil change!

Yes, I'm using it in everything: welder, compressor, pressure washer, mowers and trucks below. Will pull an uoa on the 04 below when olm gets to 0% and see what the Delo has left/looks like. Should be around 0 at about 7700 miles and sitting at about 4400 now.

Oh, and I only have about 10 gallons left in my stash. Need to get some more. :)

Last edited:
If I needed it, I'd buy it at that price.
Cheap and easy for a good oil.
The only thing that we have that really needs it is the BMW, and I've got a stash of suitable oil to work off.
If I didn't, Delo would be the next fill in the BMW.
Too bad Wally doesn't stock anything other then the 15W-40.

T6 is not Delo, which also is available as a 5W-40, although I've never seen it.
A HDEO other than Rotella in a 5W-40 that was as widely available might introduce a litle price competition.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
T6 is not Delo,

Yes i know that...

but he asked,,

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Too bad Wally doesn't stock anything other then the 15W-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back