2011 335i N55 Break-In Oil Change Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post this up, just in case anyone was interested in seeing it. I can't wait to see how the next analysis looks at 5k miles, since I am now running Castrol Syntec Euro Formula 0W-30 (German Castrol).

2011335i1371miles.jpg

Nice additive package, but it looks like this oil thinned out to just about 20 weight.

At 5K miles, your engine will still be breaking in, so I would expect metals to still be elevated.

Thanks for posting.

If I'm not mistaken, the N55 is the single turbo and the N54 is the older generation bi-turbo. The 335is must have the N54.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
all single turbo now except the 335is still runs twins.

same power, same specs.

Not quite...20 more HP and a slight bit more torque for the "IS". That same engine in the Z4 makes 35 more HP.

Information is on the BMW website.

Originally Posted By: Hammer
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
all single turbo now except the 335is still runs twins.

same power, same specs.

Not quite...20 more HP and a slight bit more torque for the "IS". That same engine in the Z4 makes 35 more HP.

Information is on the BMW website.

In reference to his question my answer was correct.

Taken out of context I was wrong. And note that the 'overboost' setup on the IS model is a temporary increase that only runs for a few seconds, then you go back to the standard output.

Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
How did you get on at later intervals? I'm wondering about how often to change the oil on my new N55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back