Best synthetic oil for Dodge/Jeep 3.7L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently using GC in my 3.7L Powertech. I was wondering though what you guys would say is the best synthetic oil for the Dodge/Jeep 3.7L?

The recommended oil per the owner's manual of my 3.7 Liberty is 5W-30.

I have 5Qts of Castrol Edge 5W-30 sitting at home ready to go into my Liberty come May. But hey I'm just curious what the best syn oil would be for the that engine according to all of you.

Let the debate begin!
27.gif

The manufacturer recommends 5W-30 motor oil that meets the API SL spec and Chrysler MS-6xxx spec. It says that synthetic oil can be used as long as it follows those specs.

I'm currently using GC so... lol

Edge is a good oil. AFAIK, these engines aren't 'fussy' about oil - they're pretty darn stout!

80% city driving, aka short stop and go trips. I don't beat my jeep. I do have a heavy foot, but I don't accelerate like a mad man.

I'm totally into overkill. I plan on keeping my Liberty a very long time. Its an 06 with only 35k miles on her. I switched to synthetic(GC) when I bought her back in September 09. Previous owner did the every 5-6k oil changes at the dealer.

I use RP 5w20 in my mom's 2005 Grand Cherokee and change it every 10,000 miles.

It works well.

That car would always get more MPG using 5w20 rather than 5w30.

The newest 3.7L engines actually call for 5w20, and the only thing changed was the smog equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back