Toyota Tundra OBDII port where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all , hope you guys can help me, i am trying to find the OBD II port on my Tundra (2008 model)just in case one day i might need to connect a scanner there but i cannot find the port, usually its under the dash on the driver side but i cant seem to find one there, did toyota move it for the new Tundras?

Thanks

I was under the impression that the location under the dash by the steering column was more or less the mandated location?

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
I was under the impression that the location under the dash by the steering column was more or less the mandated location?

There is a mandated location, but I think it is "within" [so far] from the column--which in my wife's little 2000 Integra is just to the right of the console on the passenger side.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
There is a mandated location, but I think it is "within" [so far] from the column--which in my wife's little 2000 Integra is just to the right of the console on the passenger side.

Yep, it's a range, three feet from driver, IIRC. And sometimes it's not readily visible or accessible... my old CL had it under a panel behind the "not an ashtray" in the center console.

It should be by the gas pedal, right under the "knee" panel. Still I don't know why some manu. put them in weird places. My 1997 Ford had one by the right of the manual gear shifter. My Tundra, and most vehicles I've serviced have them by the knee panel.

Thanks guys, I just went outside and checked, it is right where you said it should be -above the gas pedal but to the left of the gas pedal , believe it or not but Toyota even installed a little light lighting up the the recess where it is , talk about attention to detail.!

Thanks , Tundraz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back