Rousch synthetic motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Rousch synthetic 5w30 motor oil is ok to use in an 09Z06 Corvette? I hear the oil has to meet GM4718 specs.to use in my car. Does anyone know if this oil does meet that GM spec, or how to go about finding this answer out???? I searched on line but came up empty.

Thanks!

Ron

Originally Posted By: brian12
Isn't it just relabeled Synpower?

I'd say no, the 10W30 Roush oil is only SL rated and not SM like SynPower is.

I would expect it to be ok and have the spec. Regular SynPower does and would be a fine choice in itself.

The Valvoline VR-1 has it's own synth line, but it's possibly not "street legal", lol. A retailer by me sells the entire Valvoline line, including 0w-20 SynPower.

Thanks all for the responses. I emailed Roush to see.
I did correspond with aomeone w/ the last name Roush before I got the oil (I won a free case at an HPDE event in a raffle) & he said it was ok to use in my car...Just want to be double sure!

Ron

Roush racing oil has 280ppm of moly in it - regular synpower has none. All other additives/properties are pretty similar.

Originally Posted By: Dieselbob
Roush oil in a Corvette? That's like Gloria Steinem waking up in bed with Pat Buchanan! :)

crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Hey, the case was FREE & the car takes 10.5qts./oil change....Every bit helps, when plausible!

Originally Posted By: Dieselbob
Roush oil in a Corvette? That's like Gloria Steinem waking up in bed with Pat Buchanan! :)

Don't insult Buchanan like that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back