GM Ecotech 2.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fst
I have a 2008 aura 2.4 at my first oil change, I went with a Purolator oil filter.Time for second oil change, the filter was partially collapsed. I again installed a purolator filter, checked filter after 500 miles, filter again started to collapsed.I checked filter to make sure it was not being crushed when istalled, but filter was fine. Replaced with AC/Delco 3000 miles later no problem at oil change. Has anyone else had this problem? I sent email to Purolator, but no response.

Mine haven't come out collapsed, but I have removed filters from my Cobalt to find the media to be twisted. I've had this happen on AC Delcos and others.

Joel

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I loved the 2.2 Ecotec in the HHR I had. The 4T45E auto transaxle in mine had serious problems though, and required too many service visits for my comfort level so I bailed. It was almost like the 4T45E couldn't handle what the Ecotec had..

You hear of very few problems with the 4T45E trans. GM also coupled them to countless 3.xL V6's without issue. What was the issue/diagnosis with yours? I know I had a software glitch w/ my 2007 Cobalt 4T45E early on that required clearing of my stored adaptive shifting data which fixed the problem. Basically on mine, under certain driving conditions, the pulse-width modulated torque converter lock would continue to oscillate in/out of lockup until I changed throttle position. Scared the heck out of me and puzzled the dealer for a day. Apparently there is/was a TSB done on a software reflash.

Joel

Originally Posted By: 2KBMW
I like the fact
these engines have a 5 qt sump but that filter is half the
size of my BMW's filter.

You should see the filter Nissan puts on their engines. It's about the size of a shot glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back