Havoline vs Valvoline DINO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Havoline dino since I started driving and recently changed the fluids over in my truck to Valvoine (ATF GEAR OIL ETC) b/c I couldnt find it in Havoline and was thinking about switching my engine oil over... Which oil would be better..

Neither, but since Halvoline is getting hard to find and Valvoline is practically everywhere I'd consider the switch as well.

Really no differences between them, but nobody is going to be able to recommend one over the other if they don't know what the oil will be used in...

Not any significant difference. By the way, Havoline has been through a couple of different owners and the industry formulations change every few years, so the Havoline you bought years ago has NO relation to the Havoline you buy today.

Havoline used to be Texaco. Texaco and Shell has a joint agreement to refine each other's products for a few years. Finally, Chevron bought out Texaco. Through all this the Havoline brand name has remained, but the oils of all brands are frequently changed.

Valvoline is a brand name of Ashland, and they've changed with every industry formulation change, just like all the others.

It will be ran in a 1998 Chevy S10 2.2L 4cly (89K miles) and a 94 Dodge Shadow 2.2L (212K miles) it will be used in the trans. of the shadow also b/c it calls for a SG or SG/CC SAE 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back