Is slightly overfilled with oil ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Steve S
No problem with your amount! Guaranteed! I was a professional.

A professional soothsayer?
A professional professional!

Originally Posted By: dan3952
If it was my car, I would not hesitate to drain the extra oil even if it was only 200 mL. I started a head gasket leak doing this and it has never completely stopped. Your vehicle is probably too young for that yet, however
Explain the head gasket leak ?

just run it 9500 miles till it is level..wouldnt hurt nothing unless you run severe service

The chrysler neons engine dies if you do this and run em hard.(foaming)- so its no good to be high if the sump doesent tolerate it. But on the otherside i´ve worked with a guy who had a bad oilpress sw and he keept filling oil until he had to complain to the gas station that there were not room for any moore- and that engine survived. VW 1.6 jetta ca-78. It sounded funny thou- like a washing mashine!

I run my mom's car a half quart over-filled and it didn't hurt the UOA or engine any. I've been doing it for over 10,000 miles (at 5k OCI's) now and no problems at all. For the last oil change however, I bumped up the oil filter size to make up for the extra capacity, now it's only probably overfilled by maybe 1/4 quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back