just how good is amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not playing here. i want the truth, i need the truth, even if i cant handle it, i have 2 know what once and for all is the best , the greatest , the finest oil & filter combo ever conceived by man. out here on the mean streets of america, these concepts mean life and death

There really is no "best" oil. There are many very good oils and Amsoil is one of them. Of all the boutique brands of oil, Amsoil is my favorite.

It really depends, in some cases, on your individual needs and applications.

Overall & generally speaking I'll put Amsoil up against anything but do on occasion stray.

Originally Posted By: bigjeffie
i am not playing here. i want the truth, i need the truth, even if i cant handle it, i have 2 know what once and for all is the best , the greatest , the finest oil & filter combo ever conceived by man. out here on the mean streets of america, these concepts mean life and death

Oil and filter concepts do not relate to life and death circumstances in this country. Maybe they do in Beijing China - but not here in the states. You will never see me stand in front of an approaching army tank.... no sirreee.

Amsoil provides excellent protection, low wear, and the ability to greatly extend OCI's in many cases. Their products are pretty reasonably priced in my opinion, especially if you become a PC.

Last edited:
I just changed my oil today with Amsoil ASM 0w20, and an Ea011 filter. I plan on leaving it in there for the remainder of the year. We'll see have well it behaves in my Mazda6s.

Personally, I wash that it was more available in Oz, and if priced similarly, I'd use it, over paying Exxon Mobil...regardless of LML, I like that guys like Pablo can make a few bucks.

It's not available widely down here, so Mobil and Castrol get my dough.

I have Amsoil in the daily drivers. Redline in the track rat.

I think those are respectively the best for the intended applications and how my vehicles are driven.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Personally, I wash that it was more available in Oz, and if priced similarly, I'd use it, over paying Exxon Mobil...regardless of LML, I like that guys like Pablo can make a few bucks.

It's not available widely down here, so Mobil and Castrol get my dough.

Shannow. Try these guys for Amsoil.

http://www.lubricationmanagement.com.au/catalog/

At least in my case, the cost is comparable to M1 but more expensive than BP (sorry Castrol). Postage is a reasonable fixed $10

There are several synthetic oils out there, and dino as well, that do very well in their nich. Amsoil's biggest benefit is the fact they stand behind them for an extended drain interval using the prober filtration. No one else will sell you a motor oil and tell you its good for 25,000 or even 35,000 miles. I am using the 0W-20 in my 3.3L Sonata, since its the first time with a synthetic I am going to change it out at 7,500 and send out a sample to see how its doing I plan to run at least a 10,000 mile OCI and will step it up to 15,000 as testing shows me its doing its job.

Unless you are doing really long drain intervals, it's not worth it IMO.

Originally Posted By: Robert1955
There are several synthetic oils out there, and dino as well, that do very well in their nich. Amsoil's biggest benefit is the fact they stand behind them for an extended drain interval using the prober filtration. No one else will sell you a motor oil and tell you its good for 25,000 or even 35,000 miles. I am using the 0W-20 in my 3.3L Sonata, since its the first time with a synthetic I am going to change it out at 7,500 and send out a sample to see how its doing I plan to run at least a 10,000 mile OCI and will step it up to 15,000 as testing shows me its doing its job.
up to xxxx mileage. lots of wiggle room you have to read the whole paper.

Originally Posted By: buster
Unless you are doing really long drain intervals, it's not worth it IMO.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back