303 Aero Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it on my Bosch Icon wipers. I figure they can use a little UV protection. I know 303 makes a wiper treatment. Does anyone know if it is just aero protetctant soaked in sponges? Anyone know if it is okay / advantagous to use regular 303 on wipers?

Quote:

I used it on my Bosch Icon wipers. I figure they can use a little UV protection. I know 303 makes a wiper treatment. Does anyone know if it is just aero protetctant soaked in sponges? Anyone know if it is okay / advantagous to use regular 303 on wipers?

I bought the wiper treatment once.Looks to me like it's just 303.You pay extra for convenience.
I have Bosch Icons and love 'em.I've used 303 on wiper blades for years.I don't really know if 303 helps or not but I still do it.It does clean the blades.

I clean my blades with an alchohol swab then use the 303. I allow it to soak on the blades for five minutes then wipe it off. These are the original blades that came on the car in 2004 and they still work as new. I'd say the 303 really does work. Same product on the little sponges? I don't know but would hazard a guess that it is.

You can go on the 303 website and get a sample pack for $5 (if they still offer it?) I decided to send for one and got it fast and well worth it. Includes 2 oz each of protectant, shower shield, and fabric spot cleaner. Also includes 1 windshield washer tablet (makes 1 gallon), 1 wiper blade treatment, and CD/DVD cleaner/treatment. Definitely worth the $5.

I haven't tried the wiper treatment yet since I use Silblade silicon wiper blades, working fantastic for over a year now (will see if they actually last 5 years as they claim). I tried the CD/DVD product and it seemed rather useless on scratches but might be good for cleaning. I found the 2 oz bottles handy (and refillable).

Originally Posted By: rondoggnuts
You can go on the 303 website and get a sample pack for $5 (if they still offer it?)

Yep. Got one in about a week or two ago. Well worth $5.

I thought the wiper treatment smelled just like the protectant, FWIW.

I really like how the protectant works in my Tundra. Clean, nice looking, but not "bling bling" shiny like Armor All. Seems to repel dust too.

Later,
b

I've heard a lot of good things about 303, but have not tried it yet. After hearing from kd5byb that 303 doesn't have a lot of heavy shine - I'm sold. I prefer a satin more natural shine over the wet shiny look.

Where can you buy 303?? Or is is mail order only?

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I've heard a lot of good things about 303, but have not tried it yet. After hearing from kd5byb that 303 doesn't have a lot of heavy shine - I'm sold. I prefer a satin more natural shine over the wet shiny look.

A satin shine and the UV protection has me a loyal customert for many years.
I buy it by the gallon online but you can buy 303 in boat supply stores.

I love 303. I've only been using it for about 1 year. You can find local retailers from their website. I found a local Pool/Spa store -- which sells it. OR -- you can also get it through Ace Hardware website (at a decent price), and ship it FREE to the store.

303 + Megs Quick Interior Detailer makes my interiors a happy place to be :)

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

I bought their $5 sample kit at first.

Second bottle came from Autogeek.net - needed some DuraGloss products that I can't find locally and tossed in the 303...

Very nice low-luster finish. I really like it...

later,
b

Thanks - my Ace hardware store just opened last week or so. I talked to the manager and he said that he will stock some 303 and see how it sells.

Yep, 303 is some good stuff. If you ever in the market for a great APC, give the 303 Cleaner a try. Excellent product!

In my experience, the 303 wiper treatment doesn't work very well. My blades are the OEM equivalent to Bosch Icons; I cleaned with IPA wipes, applied the treatment, and let it soak before thoroughly wiping it off. The blades were perfect before the treatment but became streaky afterwards, and didn't normalize until a couple days later. I still have a bunch left, but I'm kinda turned off at this point.

303 aerospace protectant works well, but I really dislike how often you have to apply it for continuous UV protection. I'm too lazy and I end up using it only about twice a year.

A lot of marine stores in my area sell it.

For wipers... just use RainX. After using RainX you could use a piece of cardboard as a wiper... that's how well it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back