zerex ready to use coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DONT USE TAP WATER!

If you truly care for your radiator use this:

A)Commercial distilled bottled water

-or-

B)Lab grade deionized water

Both are cheap and avoid possible sendimentization of the cooling system.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I own 2 Hondas of over 10 years in age, Changing the fluids with OEM fluids does nothing for the rust aroundthe wheel wells that I see on all of this vintage.
shocked.gif

All you have to do is remove the dealer add-on wheel well molding and splash guards that are supposed to protect the paint. Instead this molding tends to catch dirt and keep a moist salty mudpack against the fender. Rust couldn't be happier.

Zerex is the brand name of the coolant produced by Ashland Chemical. Ashland also produces for the North American continent the coolant that is sold through the VW/Audi network which is quite possibly the best coolant made. It is the original BASF Glysantin G30 formulation that is so popular in the rest of the world. This coolant is free of all nitrates/nitrites/amines/borates and phosphorous and is simply amazing at preventing corrosion and errosion within the cooling system and pump.

Judging by the laboratory data posted at the Valvoline HD web site the Zerex "green" antifreeze is probably one of the very best of its kind available.

Zerex used to be a product of DuPont...
It's stable-mate was Zerone, methanol-based.

the Zerone could give much colder antifreeze protection--the higher concentration, the colder--- but the alcohol boiled out at a lower temp than water. Thus the ethylene Glycol products were marketed as the permanent antifreeze.

Yeah, I wanted to use that G30 stuff on my coolant change but I couldn't find it. Emailed Zerex/Valv and they said AutoZone, but none here have it. Or a Ford dealer, I guess Ford anti-freeze is the same?? I wasn't so sure about that so I didn't do it.
Where to get it?

Unfortunately the only place to buy the G30 is either through VW/Audi dealerships or mail order. If you mail order you won't get the Glysantin product but another brand called Pentosin. Personally I'd go to the VW dealership and buy their G12. You can buy G05 (Mercedes Benz factory fill) from Autozone but it isn't quite on the level as the G30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back