Zaino ZCS product

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I used Zaino ZCS today for the first time after washing my 2004 saab. It gets parked in my driveway in a spot that gets ravaged by the sun, and since this is a hot week, I wanted to put a car cover on to protect it from UV.

Washed with zaino soap and applied the ZCS.

Found that it really made the porous plastic parts, which showed some signs of fading look nice, like-new nice.

I couldnt really notice any effect of optics, but what I was looking for was a clean, smooth surface, which I got.

But my main concern was this - it smelled like WD-40 to some extent. It is supposed to be a polymer product, but is there something else to it? It applies super-sparingly, and went on easily, but I cant get over the odor.

Anyone have any ideas? I dont believe ZCS is a silicone product, but am I mistaken?

Thanks!

It's not oily and it's not solvent based. I've asked Sal why it smells like it does and he told me it is just the combination of ingredients.

I agree, it doesn't add much to the looks but it does add protection and lasts longer than Z8. For the quickie boost/touch up like you did, Clear Seal is a terrific product.

Interesting...

I never considered Z8 to be something that would last, more of a buffing agent, etc.

I also don't think that Z8 or ZCS have a good deal of UV inhibitors... Z6 is the spray that has the best anti-UV, right?

I've long suspected that Z6 and Z8 are actually the same product but just that they add distilled water to Z8 to make it Z6. I actually find I need to add some distilled water to my Z6 otherwise it streaks far too easily (even when applying it on a cool surface first thing in the morning)

I think Z6 and Z8 are different products. Z6 has some cleaning agents and was available for years before Z8 was introduced. Z8 has some durability as a standalone but works best over another Zaino product. Z8 is higher tech than Z6.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I think Z6 and Z8 are different products. Z6 has some cleaning agents and was available for years before Z8 was introduced.

True, that's a good point that I forgot about! Although the original Z6 is definitely different than the current one. I've still got a bottle of Z6 from 1999 and the smell and even the color of it is completely different than the new bottle of Z6 I just bought. The older bottle doesn't streak like the new stuff does (but as mentioned, by watering it down I've helped the streaking issues)

my Z6 I think is a milky white, and smells like cherries.

I dont recall what my Z8 smells like or if it has a color. The Z8 has a new style label, the Z6 an older one - but both are bought at the same time.

Z6 has more info on it about having UV inhibitors, IIRC.

Z6 also removes water spots better than Z8 i've found

also, i wouldn't put ZCS on plastic trim. i used to like 303 but now i'm using chemical guys V.R.P. dressing as it's stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back