YouTube Mechanics

No matter what you do some faction will find something to complain about.
I just wish Ray would use fender covers ;)
I watch him and South Main Auto and just about every video anymore, they mention the trolls in the comment section

Diesel Mercedes
Stray Benzes

There’s also a UK based injection pump guy that has helpful videos.

Rainman Ray I quit watching when I realized it isn't about the customer it's about him making a killing. The video I watched he had a vehicle in for CV boots and he had a vacation due but with several wrong shafts he handed it off to someone else after he took apart. A tech should know if just leaking, clean ends and replace boots not whole shafts, especially aftermarket shafts for a German vehicle. He shows me what is wrong with shops today and when he gets criticized for this, his response is leave if you don't like it.
Can you share the video?
I humbly disagree, Ray has a very high level customer service ethic. He owns his failures, including his latest where he botched an EJ engine.

Royalty Auto Service is another one I have started watching. They are relatively new to YT but he seems to really now his stuff.
Automotive Diagnostics and Programming is another fairly new channel.

Ray has a very high level customer service ethic. He owns his failures, including his latest where he botched an EJ engine.
I've been so busy that I may have missed it, but did Ray ever do the swap to replace the botched engine?

I've been so busy that I may have missed it, but did Ray ever do the swap to replace the botched engine?
havent seen one yet, he mentioned in 1 video he was waiting for a replacement engine. I hope he can find a good one. I would go low mileage JDM because finding a 25 year old replacement in the US that isnt super high mileage or beat on would be impossible.

If I need to watch a video on how to actually fix something specific on a whatever car I gotta fix:
South Main Auto
Rainman Rays

If I want some entertainment:
Deboss Garage
Legit Street Cars

I like SMA and rainman, because they show you exactly how to fix something, and they are entertaining at the same time. They know what they’re talking about and they’re very good at their work.

Deboss and LSC are also very knowledgeable from what I can tell, but most of their videos aren’t really videos with topics that I ever specifically search for. But they’re entertaining, they’re knowledgeable, and they make good videos for me to watch on a Friday night with a couple beers.

It was within the past 1-2 weeks he mentioned that the trucking company that was delivering the replacement engine LOST it.
Wow that's a burn! Hope he can come up with something because if I recall it was a one-owner car that was really clean and the owner wanted to keep it.

Deboss Garage
Legit Street Cars

Deboss and LSC are also very knowledgeable from what I can tell, but most of their videos aren’t really videos with topics that I ever specifically search for. But they’re entertaining, they’re knowledgeable, and they make good videos for me to watch on a Friday night with a couple beers.
I've met Alex from LSC and he's as personable in real life as he is on the videos. And even his wackiest crazy car projects make for some pretty good videos.

Eric the Car Guy has helped w my Ascender(Trailblazer) years ago and now with my Element again helps. For my Expedition FordTechMakuloco fits the bill for it. A1 Auto is another one I use but I am not a huge yt watcher

He mentioned in a video this week that he was going to pull the engine from the Subaru for more room to work and to see if that would help him get the broken bolt out of the head.

It’s certainly possible and the engine is salvageable imo. If I remember it was one of the water pump bolts. Just need to be super careful.

I had an older legacy EJ22 that needed a new clutch. I mistakenly took off the clutch pivot ball, reinstalling I stripped it. A helicoil fixed it and ran great after. Just need to be super careful with subaru bolts!

It’s certainly possible and the engine is salvageable imo. If I remember it was one of the water pump bolts. Just need to be super careful.

I had an older legacy EJ22 that needed a new clutch. I mistakenly took off the clutch pivot ball, reinstalling I stripped it. A helicoil fixed it and ran great after. Just need to be super careful with subaru bolts!
If he was already intending to replace the engine he has nothing to lose by removing the original one and taking a swing at getting the screw out. I cant help but think that one missing screw isnt going to make much difference. Maybe fabricate a metal piece to bridge between two good ones ?
I am always shocked at the inferior quality fasteners used on some modern engines. The exhaust manifold screws on most late model trucks comes to mind.

I see so many of all those different repair guy videos, getting the constant blind praise from all the unknowing that watch.
Just about all those ones that can get the job done. Are not doing so correctly, and are in some cases causing problems, that are not known by many. If you want to learn how not to do something watch them. Pine hollow is great at his electronics, and should stick to that.

• Sad
Reactions: D60
Back