Your investment strategies for 2018 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRONIX. I'm up 300% in 2 days.

(Yes, I know crypto is a bubble and I know it will pop. Question is can I make my money before it does?)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
You need to explain that this is not a loophole to defer taxes. It's to go around the ROTH limits.

If you are considering back-dooring a Roth, your AGI is likely too high for traditional IRA contributions to be tax deductible. So you are paying on the front end, and the back when the withdrawal happens. With the backdoor Roth, you pay on the front end but not the back.

Technically, I'd agree that you aren't deferring taxes. You are eliminating taxes on your gains, which you would have to pay if it remained in a traditional IRA.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Curious, what do you do with what you took out?

Probably invested in something with less risk...

Concerns for '18 is the Student debt bubble, Facebook bubble, Tesla, and the pump and dump cryptocurrency schemes. Having a money president that actually is getting things done, the market will be over valued for 6 years at least, no major corrections and as long as geo-political things continue on this course, no ressession.

I think it will be a year of special situations. Always finding a reason to sell. I think the strategy is to be short term and favor an inflation theme to your stock picking.

My biggest concerns are the inverted yield curve and the 20 billion / month reduction in the Feds balance sheet which gets accelerated to 60 billion in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back