Your favorite jobber oil filters?

Can't say I have any favorite jobber filters. If I had to choose I'd say whatever filters the Castrol quick lube place in town used for the few years I used them.

I also try & avoid w/exceptions of the "Leak Tested" ones that are excellent under all brand names. Ecogard, Prime guard, Pronto, Premium Guard, etc if they're a decent price. If they are equal price to an extended mileage 10k-15k+ synthetic blend filter then I'd consider moving up instead.

Filter guessing is getting to complicated with constantly changing ownership of previously trusted brands, I quit trying, too much like playing "Wack-A-Mole". I drive only Hondas so I just use the factory filters PLM-A02, fully aware it's a "Fram in a Blue Can" however, my UOA's constantly come back with very low particle count and Honda warranties their vehicles using this filter. I'm not wasting my time constantly trying to track down the perfect filter, only to have them change ownership and sourcing 6 weeks later.

I really don't understand the 'jobber filter' philosophy. I don't use 'jobber oil' or 'jobber antifreeze' or 'jobber brake pads'.

A jobber filter is what? 5 bucks? Even if it's $3 a good one is only like $10......

If you normally use a 'jobber filter' it's not really a jobber, it's what you prefer, so you use it.

Now If I ran a quick lube and using a cheap $3 filter on every oil change saved me 7-8 bucks and I did 125 oil changes per week, I might use a jobber....

Back