You Want To See Tight Formation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I'll pause here while the USAF fan-boys attempt to deny the reality...

Grrrrrrrrr!!! as an USAF fan boy it pains me to say it but the Blue
Angles parade together in the air more precisely and more smoothly...
I won't cry about it because in real combat the USAF controls the
violence from the high ground...

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Best not stir up a hornets nest
wink.gif

?

The Wings of Eagles staring John Wayne, one of my favorite movies,
unleashes the hornets nest...

(Although no credit goes to the actual flying in the film the
masterful display of skipping the float and flying through an hanger I
believe is all Frank Tallman.)

(Sorry for the dumb voice over by the original poster but you'll love the flying)

Flying through the hanger for real... no CGI in 1957...

Warner Bros trailer

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
[/quote]Does the air force land their planes on aircraft carriers
as a
27.gif
standard operating procedure?

The USAF doesn't have to land a FlapJack as standard operating
procedure... they only have to do it once to silence the braggadocios
Navy...

Originally Posted By: tom slick
What about these guys?
C130's have bathrooms that is all that really matters. I like planes with Bathrooms. Turn on auto pilot and hit the head.

Those old C-130s have a funnel and honey bucket with a shower curtain for privacy. Better than nothing I guess.
They also have a galley with coffee maker and a library.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Those old C-130s have a funnel and honey bucket with a shower curtain for privacy. Better than nothing I guess.
They also have a galley with coffee maker and a library.
Tom, that works works for me.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgIlKRj68qQ

Start at 1:29 and tell me who flies closer.

UD
It was an accident.

How?

Guy kept that relative distance during a synchronized roll from 1:28 to 1:47 - how was that an " accident" ?

UD

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Nobody does close formation better than the Blue Angels.

Thunderbirds put on a really great show, I was inspired to fly when I first saw the Thunderbirds at Pease AFB over 30 years ago, but they're a lot farther apart.

I'll pause here while the USAF fan-boys attempt to deny the reality...
Does the air force land their planes on aircraft carriers
as a
27.gif
standard operating procedure?

In a landing contest the US Navy is the worlds best.

In a flying contest the US Air Force knows no equal.

All jousting aside - both give me goosebumps and make me swell with pride like a little kid.

UD

Military Pilots are what I call being in the big League. The best of the best and to repeat myself I feel the best having a Military pilots driving when I am going somewhere on a plane. Maybe I am just getting old.

Accident as that they were that close, not accident as a wreck.

One wold think If it were an accident they were that close he would have backed off during the maneuver - he did not.

He holds that relative distance the whole roll.

Ive not seen a vid of the angels flying a synchronized maneuver closer than the one I posted.

I for one do not believe that was necessary for an airshow - but I think the guy was proving a point

UD

Military Pilots are what I call being in the big League. The best of the best and to repeat myself I feel the best having a Military pilots driving when I am going somewhere on a plane. Maybe I am just getting old.

Ex Military pilots are who you want.

My 2 favorite captains of airliners - once I heard the names I immediately relaxed and knew I really couldn't be in better hands -

US Captain Rusty Jackson "Jr."

British Air force Captain Nigel Caruthers - all the good ones are named Nigel Caruthers.

UD

I consider air national guard and reserve "military" - some seriously good pilots with lots of experience.

UD

One thing I've always wondered about, is when the Blues or the Thunderbirds do stadium flyovers for the Superbowl and such. How do they time it so perfectly, so as to pass right over the stadium just as the National Anthem ends? They never miss it. They ALWAYS come over just as the last verse is concluding.

I live just 2 miles from the University Of Phoenix Stadium where they've had 2 Superbowl's. Both had flyovers by the Thunderbirds. They took off from Luke Air Force Base. Which is about 5 miles west of the stadium. I had the game on and heard them taking off from Luke. And sure enough, just as the Anthem ended, there they were. Smoke on and perfectly timed to the exact second. It was amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back