Yokohama vs Khumo vs Toyo 205/60/16

Hey folks,

I am looking to replace my worn out Michelin Defender T+H on my 2018 Mazda3 sedan, they got so noisy over time, and its time to replace them.

I was looking at the Yokohama Avid Ascend LX, the Toyo Extensa AS II or the Khumo Solus TA51a.

I can't seem to find any Khumo Escta LX Platinum (KU27) anywhere in my area, do they still make them?

I am looking mostly looking for comfort and a quiet ride, my Mazda is kind of noisy and no really insulated for noise that much, and its a light car.

Durability is second on my list, I dont mind if they are less durable than the Michelins.

I tend to go for the Yokohama Avid Ascend LX, but I am open for a suggestion based on experience and my requirement.

Thank you all in advance for you inputs and information!

The Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum is only made for Walmart now.

You should consider all-weather tires such as
Kumho Solus HA32
Nokian WRG5
Nordman Solstice 4 (the old WRG4)
Toyo Celsius II
Vredestein Quatrac
General 365AW
Falken Aklimate

If you want something cheaper, consider
Milestar Weatherguard AW365
Armstorng Blu-Trac Flex

The Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum is only made for Walmart now.

You should consider all-weather tires such as
Kumho Solus HA32
Nokian WRG5
Nordman Solstice 4 (the old WRG4)
Toyo Celsius II
Vredestein Quatrac
General 365AW
Falken Aklimate

If you want something cheaper, consider
Milestar Weatherguard AW365
Armstorng Blu-Trac Flex
I think most Walmart here in Canada don't sell tires anymore, I can't think of another store to get them.

Hey folks,

I am looking to replace my worn out Michelin Defender T+H on my 2018 Mazda3 sedan, they got so noisy over time, and its time to replace them.

I was looking at the Yokohama Avid Ascend LX, the Toyo Extensa AS II or the Khumo Solus TA51a.

I can't seem to find any Khumo Escta LX Platinum (KU27) anywhere in my area, do they still make them?

I am looking mostly looking for comfort and a quiet ride, my Mazda is kind of noisy and no really insulated for noise that much, and its a light car.

Durability is second on my list, I dont mind if they are less durable than the Michelins.

I tend to go for the Yokohama Avid Ascend LX, but I am open for a suggestion based on experience and my requirement.

Do you have a death wish in wet conditions? if so, get it.

I think most Walmart here in Canada don't sell tires anymore, I can't think of another store to get them.

Here is a list of Walmarts in Canada that sell tires. Whatever the store doesn't have, you can order online :)

Two other good Canadian sites I know of are 1010tires and blackcircles.ca. They work just like Tire Rack, where you order the tires online and ship them directly to the installer of your choice.

Of course, there's always Canadian Tire :unsure:

for what exacly?
Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum. It is absolutely horrible in wet.
Unfortunately I got them new, on VW CC when I got car used. It is astonishingly horrible tire. I wouldn’t put that thing if someone was paying me daily fee.
By 14,000 miles three of four went out of balance.

Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum. It is absolutely horrible in wet.
Unfortunately I got them new, on VW CC when I got car used. It is astonishingly horrible tire. I wouldn’t put that thing if someone was paying me daily fee.
By 14,000 miles three of four went out of balance.
Sorry to hear that. I have them on two cars fine in the rain..Tire rack did a comparison test against other budget tires that cost much more no rain issues. Snow traction is a major issue tested horrible and my experience definitely bad

Not sure if they sell the Kumhos in Walmarts here, when I got mine I bought them on Walmart.com and had them delivered to my house, then made an appointment and had them install them.

Walmart.com and Walmart stores are almost 2 separate things.

Sorry to hear that. I have them on two cars fine in the rain..Tire rack did a comparison test against other budget tires that cost much more no rain issues. Snow traction is a major issue tested horrible and my experience definitely bad
I don’t know what is your benchmark, but that tire is major POS. Going from Michelin, it will be night and day difference.
I will never understand “budget” tires. Budget is stereo or sunshade on windshield, not the most important safety piece on the car.

I can't wait to get rid of the toyo extensa's on my wife's jeep. They are loud on anything but smooth pavement. They do fine otherwise.

Hey folks,

According to Kumho they no longer make this specific model in a 16" diameter.

I don’t know what is your benchmark, but that tire is major POS. Going from Michelin, it will be night and day difference.
I will never understand “budget” tires. Budget is stereo or sunshade on windshield, not the most important safety piece on the car.
I rather have a kick ass stereo with the kuhmo lx and slow down a little bit in the occasional rain but that's me

Hey folks,

New yokohama's look interesting

Back