Yikes - 40.00 has been topped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: parshisa
Surprisingly M1 AP is standing strong, still 40$! they even didn't include it their current rebate

Bet less R&D went into this oil than M1 AP … but neither will wind up great marketing ideas …

Originally Posted By: tig1
DI is tech in reverse.

Greatest post here. DI has cause so much heartache to reverse engineer fixes for all the side effects. Imagine how much money the automotive industry has spent doing R&D to combat the issues of DI all for minuscule MPG increases.

On a side note, given that standard Valvoline "Advanced" full synthetic meeds D1G2, I'm not sure what the market position on this oil is, especially since it is $18 per 5 quart jug more expensive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: twoheeldrive
Yes, getting pricey, but, historically speaking, not too bad.

In 1975, Mobil 1 was $4.00 a quart and was only sold at Mobil gas stations. And since someone mentioned sales tax... add another 4% (the sales tax rate back then).

Adjusting for inflation, $4.00 is equivalent to $19.00 today. Yikes! That was mighty expensive back in the day.

I was just thinking back to around 2000 or so when M1 was right around $40 a jug at Wal Mart.

DI was developed for the main reason of the much hated on here and elsewhere, "gummint" CAFE standards of course, but there is also the benefit of MORE POWER (in most cases), especially for performance applications.

I realize that means VERY little to nothing for most on this site, but I will take every single pony I can get.
Of course the best scenario is to have BOTH a DI system, PLUS a one injector per cylinder system (vs. a single throttle body injector), for both max power, and none of the intake valve, and LSPI issues.
wink.gif

Mentioned that it's 8.00/qt I did see Pennzoil synthetic quarts for that price but individuals are always unreal these days.

Great points dailydriver..

There have been very good strides made in rectifying GDI motor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back