XenTx

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

i was wondering if anyone has tried XenTx and what you thought about it. i read the posts about it that was made sometime back,but haven't noticed anything recent.thanks.

My SIL is using it in a 89 GMC 4.3. He did an oil analysis on his last oil change. Changed oil and FF, added the XenTx and drives about 22 miles one way to work. He noticed some SOP difference, but this may have been the 10W30 oil he is now using instead of the 15W40 that was in the engine. Also he is now driving a motorcycle to work, so the next analysis with the XenTx may be delayed until fall.
About the best I can say is that he is happy with the XenTx and wants to use it next oil change.

There has been a post of this add before,,,was cancled or whatever,,,,yes of all the adds out there this stuff ,MAY, work as said,,,though I do not rep this add,, try with Havoline or a good mineral base,,K-mart has it,,,BL

I just wanted to say that there have been XenTx commercials all over TV for the last couple of weeks.

quote:

Originally posted by bigwillie:
what is xentx supposed to do anyway. I've never heard anything about it or seen any commercials on tv.

There is info about it here.

Sounds like one of those products that I'll let someone else experiment with.

I see they have changed their website since the last invasion of this miracle drug. However, what continues to be lacking is the absence of any real testing data that attempts to prove what is being claimed.

Bigwillie the commercials have been on the Outdoor channel, OLN, and Speed channel. Those are the only channels I watch with any frequency.

I got two bottles of this stuff just to play with and here are my observations:

I tried to make a controlled fuel economy comparison by using my lawn mower. I believe that there were too many variables for me to control with my mower sitting in the back yard to make any scientific comparisons.

I also did a oil temperature comparison by checking oil temperature after 10 minutes of both treated and untreated oil. Again, I saw no difference between the XenTx treated and untreated oil temperatures.

I mixed XenTx with acetone to see what would happen. I also mixed Schaeffer's Moly E.P. with acetone. The results were fascinating. The XenTx mixed completely with the acetone and took on the clear color of the acetone. The Moly E.P. separated and left a glob of gooey rubbery stuff in the jar. I then mixed the same amount of each product (1 oz) with 5 ounces of oil and then heated them in a microwave oven and then shook the heck out of both bottles. The XenTx seemed to aerate much more than the Moly E.P. but both products settled after a few hours. You could hold the XenTX up to a light and see that it seemed to separate out of solution after a day which I didn't notice with the Moly E.P.

After I had played with the stuff enough, I just poured the remaining eight ounces into my wifes car engine and threw the bottle away. Several weeks later my wife commented that she was getting about 2 extra MPG's over the course of two fill-ups according to the cars computer. She didn't know that I had poured the stuff into her engine.

Personally, I'd buy the product if it were priced right (less than $9). At the $17.99 price that my local K-mart charges I will pass on the purchase.

quote:

Originally posted by FowVay:

After I had played with the stuff enough, I just poured the remaining eight ounces into my wifes car engine and threw the bottle away. Several weeks later my wife commented that she was getting about 2 extra MPG's over the course of two fill-ups according to the cars computer. She didn't know that I had poured the stuff into her engine.

Personally, I'd buy the product if it were priced right (less than $9). At the $17.99 price that my local K-mart charges I will pass on the purchase.

What was the percentage gain in mpg for her vehicle? What was her before and after mileage? I'll do the math.

I have been using XenTx for a little over a year now and am running it in 4 vehicles. The vehicle with the most miles on the Xentx is getting about 9% better highway mileage and less of an increase around town mileage. That vehicle is running Amsoil 0w30. The diesel vehicle has only about 5000 miles on it in the last year and I havn't posted a followup test to see what the current mileage is. Perhaps I will go out and perform another test run today if there is little to no wind. I recently put some in a small dodge dakota pickup truck at half a tank down and the mileage was up 5% for that tank and 10% for the following tank. I don't have followup readings yet and may not as the drive has changed for that vehicle. I put a little in a newer honda civic (my mother inlaw) but since she doesn't track fuel economy I will never know. Usually the results are not that quick and require at least a full oil change interval to see results. All the cars I have control over are running Amsoil S3000 or S2000 oil and gains are above that baseline.

Again. What was the before and after mpg?

Her before mileage was normally in the 25 mpg range and the mileage went up to 27. So I guess that works out to a 8% gain.

I have been wanting to drive her car to work for a few weeks because my mileage is strictly interstate driving and I'd like to see if I can get 35 MPG from my commute. Her average speed (again, according to the on-board computer) is 35 MPH and this is all from rural roads with several stop lights and stop signs.

quote:

Originally posted by FowVay:
Her before mileage was normally in the 25 mpg range and the mileage went up to 27. So I guess that works out to a 8% gain.

I figured the break even point for a first oil interval at 2/3 of a bottle of Xentx for your wifes car at just under 2000 miles at 2.25/gal. Followup intervals at 1/3 bottle the breakeven point should be just under 1000 miles. With a 3k oil change interval she should be pocketing an additional $13.30 per oil change in fuel savings. Not wanting to purchase it at 19.95 would cost you $4.43 every 1k miles versus purchasing it. Your wifes mileage should creep up slowly as she continues to use it until the gains level off.

Thanks for the post. BTW What type of car does she drive and what oil is in it?

Did you send in the $3 rebate coupon?

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
[qb]

I have been using XenTx for a little over a year now and am running it in 4 vehicles. The vehicle with the most miles on the Xentx is getting about 9% better highway mileage and less of an increase around town mileage. That vehicle is running Amsoil 0w30. The diesel vehicle has only about 5000 miles on it in the last year and I havn't posted a followup test to see what the current mileage is. Perhaps I will go out and perform another test run today if there is little to no wind. I recently put some in a small dodge dakota pickup truck at half a tank down and the mileage was up 5% for that tank and 10% for the following tank. I don't have followup readings yet and may not as the drive has changed for that vehicle. I put a little in a newer honda civic (my mother inlaw) but since she doesn't track fuel economy I will never know. Usually the results are not that quick and require at least a full oil change interval to see results. All the cars I have control over are running Amsoil S3000 or S2000 oil and gains are above that baseline.

Again. What was the before and after mpg?
Have you done any UOAs? I would really like to see what the XenTx does to your oil and how it affects wear so I can determine if I want to use it or not.

quote:

Originally posted by bigwillie:
/QUOTE]Have you done any UOAs? I would really like to see what the XenTx does to your oil and how it affects wear so I can determine if I want to use it or not.

I have seen many, many UOA of fleet vehicles and the oil analysis usually show a reduction of certain wear metals and no change to the rest. Iron is reduced as is soot in diesels. TBN actually ends up slightly higher or no change compaired to baseline.

You can look at my amsoil AME sample in the UOA section from last July/August but it won't be a fair sample as the Xentx was only in about a month and a half. Also, that sample was spiked in iron due to my testing an iron based diesel catalyst at the same time.

My 7.3 diesel is at about 5500 miles for the last 12 months and oil consumption before was about 1 qt per 8k to 10k miles. It is still on full at 5500 miles. This could be the S3000, or just the powerstroke finally breaking in, or combination of factors. It is nice to see zero oil consumption though for 5500 miles.

Wulimaster, my wife drives a BMW 323i and the car has Amsoil 10W-40 in it at the moment. The XenTX was provided gratis so the rebate doesn't apply.

Just found some information that might be of interest about XenTx. In the previous discussions back in March of this year, there was an inference that XenTx was not a product that contained Chlorine. I just came across an analysis from a very reputable laboratory showing the sample of XenTx they analyzed contained
47.4% Chlorine with traces of Sulfur, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back