Would you buy a new BMW F850 for nearly 16 large knowing that the engine is from China ?

I read any 999cc or less BMW engine is not made in Berlin anymore. Loncin makes most of the engines for BMW, and TVS India makes the whole G310 R and GS models.

So you are absolutely sure nothing of quality in made in China. Sir, you can order any level of quality from China, the price goes up as the quality goes up.

Are you referring to consumer goods or 'laboratory products'/weather balloons or hypersonic missiles? -try and find a Bible not printed in China, how ironic is that!

I read any 999cc or less BMW engine is not made in Berlin anymore. Loncin makes most of the engines for BMW, and TVS India makes the whole G310 R and GS models.

cannot help but to wonder just how much BMW pays for the fuel tanks they sell for nearly $2,000.00 usd-$200.00 ??

Their adventure bikes ie: GS models are very popular so I cannot imagine how those riders are feeling over this. I don't know if the decsion was across the board for all of their lineup or only on specific models,
For their entire lineup, starting with the '21 MY I believe. And the DVD's for previous models that they used to sell, they've stopped selling.

The 850/750 and 310 GS models are made in India using engines from China ?

You got my curiosity. I thought BMW motorcycles are all "Shaft-Driven." F850 is not a real BMW moto IMHO.

Edit: I have to add one more thing. If you happen to purchase one, don't attend a BMW biker's event because they're going to make fun out of your bike.
Is the S1000RR also not a "real BMW moto" then?

I was referring to the smaller "street" bikes aimed at the urban hip crowd.
Those have already been out of production for multiple years. That lineup totally flopped and was really only intended to serve as a new slew of bikes for HD's riding courses, because their previous fleet was all Buell Blasts that were getting very long in the tooth.

Just getting a heck of a laugh from all the folks that are BMW Motorrad ignorant, who criticize with falsehoods .

I was at a BMW dealership last weekend and one of the guys was saying that their Scooter is the one that costs the most when they service them. I think he meant their 400 model because we got to talking about my dad's Burgman 650 and how good it was and he didn't say anything about being electric and they only have those two models.

The dealership I visited also sells Triumph, Indian, and Ducati.

Back