WIX #51394 with new anti backflow check valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
skay, glad you finally got taken care of at least. It would have been nice if the Wix fella had said that he was issuing some sort of alert to alter the application specs for that fitler. It's likely they will anyway... they'd be stupid not to... but an assurance that "This won't happen again!" is always nice.

+1

Wix could have handled this better, by showing more interest in the problem/quality control. Like maybe some interest in the batch code on the filter or maybe send the filter to them for inspection.

something besides just a refund.

Looking at your picture, Wix is lucky they aren't buying you a new engine-that filter was assembled with the WRONG base plate on it. Pathetic customer service on their part!

zkay - you should send this thread to your WIX contact if you haven't already.

You did right:
You checked for leaks at the end of the oil change and found a problem. You corrected the problem and contacted the manufacturer of a defective part.

They almost did: They offered to replace the defective filter. Really, they should also have offered a small check to cover oil as well. As easy as it is to cross-thread a 51394 it's understandable they didn't do that before taking possession of the faulty filter.

There's been no real harm done.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
zkay - you should send this thread to your WIX contact if you haven't already.

I sent him an email with the link. I am considering this resolved. Thanks for all the input guys.

The ONLY reason why Tim from Wix did his job was because the OP FORCED him to. It seems to me that Tim shouldn't be handling customer service because he isn't interested in actually doing the job correctly and following through.

Just going on this thread, I would NEVER buy a Wix product.

Maybe Tim needs to be shown the door?

Update: Went to O'Reilly's and got a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and a K&N HP-1003 for free. Showed the pictures to the store owner and he said he didn't know why WIX hadn't issued some type of warning as they usually do when they discover a filter no longer fits.

Bump ... I just read this thread. Very disappointed in Wix, which I considered a top-shelf filter. This is NOT the behavior of a company that is trying to make the best filters for the aftermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back