Wix 51356 vs NAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Wix manufactures filters for NAPA. NAPA lists 2 filters for an 06 CIVIC, the "nascar" or the "Gold". Wix however has only one part number 51356. Is this a unique filter or is it the Nascar or the Gold?

That is the same filter used on my '04 Accord. NAPA probably wants about $7 for that filter - I just bought 5 of them from FleetFilter and including s&h each cost under $5.
You might also take a look at the Wix website - there you can search for distributors in your area. Some of these "hometown" places might even been cheaper than NAPA.

WOW. FleetFilter wants $8.13 to ship a $3.39 Filter!

I will stick with the $6.29 + $0.44 tax at my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store.

$6.73 seems alot for this Filter, but so far it is the best deal I can find.....

quote:

Originally posted by Asystole:
WOW. FleetFilter wants $8.13 to ship a $3.39 Filter!

I will stick with the $6.29 + $0.44 tax at my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store.

$6.73 seems alot for this Filter, but so far it is the best deal I can find.....

Asystole,
Order more than 1 filter from them...I ordered 5 oil filters and 1 cabin filter and paid just over $9 for s&h.

If you own more than one vehicle (or) have relatives or neighbors that want filters, you can get Napa Golds for as cheap as $3.70 with shipping included -- if you buy enough to cover the shipping charges.

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
If you own more than one vehicle (or) have relatives or neighbors that want filters, you can get Napa Golds for as cheap as $3.70 with shipping included -- if you buy enough to cover the shipping charges.

Where is this from, and how many do you need to purchase to get the unit price this low?

Buy in quanity and it is definitly a good deal. I usually order at least 8 oil filters and 2 air filters anytime I order. Shipping not too bad then.

We have the customer pay for shipping because we want to sell filters. The site isn't set up to be beneficial to the purchase of one or two filters. I'm sorry if it works out that way, but to pull, box, ship, and process a single filter is not cost-effective to any business.

If you buy more filters and still add in the shipping, you'll find we still come out ahead of everyone else.

Thanks for the nice words.

Although I haven't ordered from fleetfilter yet. I have the good fortune of having 5 vehicles in the collective fleet that all have Ford threads (3/4-16). That's pretty much 10-12 oil filters a year. Add some secondary filtration for the trans ..a couple of air filters
dunno.gif
Pretty economical for top quality stuff even with the S&H added in.

Virtually everyone gets "S&H". You get it from Summit and Jeg's ..you just don't know it. They just give you a flat "per order" handling charge ..and price each part based on the limits of the producer's guidelines for "advertised" prices. They get it for much less. They can post no lower prices in print per agreements with the producer. Hence most of you are paying more for the goods when you just accept what they post on their web page. You'll note that they both, on any "like item" (aka-name brand) order, are within about $1-$2 of each other.

That is, if you're paying $3.39 for a $6 list filter (maybe $8.95 list filter) ..you're only paying for the filter. Now I'm sure fleet would be happy to sell you WIX filters at list price ..if every jobber and vendor of WIX were only allow to ADVERTISE list prices ..and they would probably have a very low "flat fee" associated with each sale.
grin.gif

The NAPA NASCAR will be the WIX 51354. Which is a shorter filter than the WIX 51356. The NASCAR Gold will be the WIX 51356. I know because I purchase a few of the Nascar filters and found them to be smaller. Returned them and went somewhere else and purchased the WIX filters.

quote:

Originally posted by hatcoleman:
The NAPA NASCAR will be the WIX 51354. Which is a shorter filter than the WIX 51356. The NASCAR Gold will be the WIX 51356. I know because I purchase a few of the Nascar filters and found them to be smaller. Returned them and went somewhere else and purchased the WIX filters.

The ONLY Wix/NAPA filters that are the same are the NAPA Gold series. No matter what some counter guy told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back