Ac Delco vs Wix

I have a gmc canyon with the 2.8l duramax, when I change the oil I usually order an ac delco however I’ve been reading that the wix may have slightly more filtration is that true? On my truck it uses a cartridge type filter. Thanks for any information.
Edit: I forgot to mention I emailed wix and they stated the wix filter was a 21-23 micron filter however, I never received a response from ac delco.

Our GM V6 takes the PF63 (which I see so do the V8's). We have used both ACDelco and WIX, and WIX XP. The ACDelcos are pre "E."

Seems they all work fine and well imho, and have been using them since 2012....

I have a gmc canyon with the 2.8l duramax, when I change the oil I usually order an ac delco however I’ve been reading that the wix may have slightly more filtration is that true? On my truck it uses a cartridge type filter. Thanks for any information.
Edit: I forgot to mention I emailed wix and they stated the wix filter was a 21-23 micron filter however, I never received a response from ac delco.
Nothing wrong with ACDelco or Wix, although some recent anecdotes indicate QC issues with Wix. QC may be less of an issue with cartridges, given that you can see any tears or gaps.

Personally, I use whichever filter is cheapest and change it at 5k. If you go longer, the Wix may or may not be more appropriate.

Wix in all my vehicles. :D
Me too oh except BMW I like Hengst but that too is no longer Germany.

I had mentioned the WIX version of the GM PF63 changed the number of flutes…but I happened to have that end cap wrench so good thing…

Still using WIX XP on our GM and our Lexus

Back