Winter is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
not here still 70's rest of the week.

Hopefully I can get out and do the leaves before it gets cold out.

Adjusted the pressure once but will have to do it a couple more times before the real cold temps roll in.

Originally Posted By: Mountaineer
Just drained all the summer air out and filled with winter air today.

speechless.gif

When I left work on Sunday morning it was in high 40's. My tire PSI was 30 on the right front and the rest were 31 to 33 PSI. I inflated all of them to 38 to 39. Right now in the evening PSI is 41 when in not operation and after warm up they are around 44 PSI.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Be sure to check your tire pressure and adjust accordingly.

...and if you don't, the TPS light is sure to remind you.

When I left work on Sunday morning it was in high 40's. My tire PSI was 30 on the right front and the rest were 31 to 33 PSI. I inflated all of them to 38 to 39. Right now in the evening PSI is 41 when in not operation and after warm up they are around 44 PSI.

Usually go up to 4psi, not more then that. Colorado is tricky. It could be 10 degrees in mountains when you ski, and 60 in Front Range area.

Be sure to check your tire pressure and adjust accordingly.

Right, but first I need to put my winter wheels on.

Originally Posted By: Mountaineer
Just drained all the summer air out and filled with winter air today.... Thanks

Good One...

when checking add +1 psi per 10degrees of temp drop expected.

so 70f now 20f later add +5

I'm at 34psi but the blizzaks will be going on in 4 weeks or so... which will then guarantee 10 days of 50F weather.

I usually start the blizzak ws-80 around 36psi and adjust after the deep cold sets in.

Last edited:
It's cooling down in upstate NY, but it looks like I'll get at least another week or 2 before I have to worry about swapping the snows on. I've just been keeping up with the tire pressures in the summers in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back